• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Up for a drive and some hardcore wheelin?

mcantar18c

NAXJA Forum User
Me and some buddies are thinkin about going down to Farmington for some slickrock fun, its about 8 hours away, not too far past Durango.
We'll be doing some pretty tough trails (Chokecherry and the surrounding area)... like BV Carnage tough and worse... so cages are recommended, lockers and good recovery points are a must, armor is definitely required if you still want a relatively straight unibody afterwards, and from Pirate's pics I'm gonna guess that 35's will be hard pressed to make it up most of these let alone trying 33's on em.
Yall are more than welcome to join us, the more the merrier... maybe it can be a little get together for those who can't make Moab.

So far we've got a 350-powered Scrambler on locked 60's and 40"s and 2 KOTH crawlers in our group.

Here are some pics from Pirate's run down there, give ya an idea of what you're gettin into...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

IMG_3018_001.jpg

main.php

Last edited:
......... its about 8 hours away..... maybe it can be a little get together for those who can't make Moab.

Moab is 6 hrs away....... Why would they go to Farmington if they can't make it to Moab...... where hardcore rigs AREN'T required???? :twak:

Besides, we're hoping lots of the non-Moab folks will be wanting to show their support for the Stanton memorial gathering in the 23rd. :thumbup: Kinda figured YOU would want to be there.......

Moab is 6 hrs away....... Why would they go to Farmington if they can't make it to Moab...... where hardcore rigs AREN'T required???? :twak:

Besides, we're hoping lots of the non-Moab folks will be wanting to show their support for the Stanton memorial gathering in the 23rd. :thumbup: Kinda figured YOU would want to be there.......

If they can't get off work for Moab or have conflicting events or something they might want to go. There's no date set yet, we're gonna wait till we get everybody that'll be going and then figure out what works the best for everybody. Its just an invite, no need to shoot it down.

And yeah I am gonna be there, and I think that everybody that can make it should be going too... but what does that have to do with anything?

If they can't get off work for Moab or have conflicting events or something they might want to go. There's no date set yet, we're gonna wait till we get everybody that'll be going and then figure out what works the best for everybody. Its just an invite, no need to shoot it down.

And yeah I am gonna be there, and I think that everybody that can make it should be going too... but what does that have to do with anything?

Sorry, it was a timing thing. I read it as though it was being planned for the same week - "those that can't make it to Moab" - sounded like same time kinda thing to me. :dunno:

Sorry, it was a timing thing. I read it as though it was being planned for the same week - "those that can't make it to Moab" - sounded like same time kinda thing to me. :dunno:

Ah, yeah I see where you're coming from. I threw that in there just as a "if you have to miss Moab for some reason, here's some slickrock to make up for it" kinda thing.
And yeah I realize that your average NAXJA-dweller isn't gonna be able to wheel most or even any of what we'll be running, but it's still a kick to watch the carnage and/or ride along.

Last edited:
Pics of the two KOTH rigs or gtfo.

What's wrong with being a naxja dweller? Does that automatically mean our rigs are smal and incapable and our driving is lacking as well?

Pics of the two KOTH rigs or gtfo.

What's wrong with being a naxja dweller? Does that automatically mean our rigs are smal and incapable and our driving is lacking as well?

Lol I figured that one was comin. I'm in Durango right now I'll post up some pics when I get home.

Nothing wrong with being a naxja-dweller. All I'm saying is that the general naxja population is on 33s and stock axles, some with 1/2 ton rears and whatnot, with lockers here and there. 35's are pretty big in XJ world, and one tons are few and far between. And I can't think of any wheelable XJs on anything bigger than 37s. Most don't have any form of cages or beefed unibodys. And there's nothing wrong with that... its pretty impressive what an XJ with 33s and a stock drivetrain can actually do. But that doesn't make them unstoppable... or able to climb a 3ft ledge and turn hard left at the same time while already on a really steep uphill grade and not turn too far either direction and roll down the canyon on either side, like you see on the trails we'll be running.

All of the rigs we've got so far have one tons, one has a full cage and the others are custom built tube chassis. That Scrambler is the smallest (engine and tire) and its rollin on 40s and a built 350 that puts out a good 400 ponies.

Last edited:
im also bout 8 hours from farmington, but south of it... i heard theres good bad and ugly up there so if your rig cant make it up you can go around. lots of guys go there to test for moab

Back