• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands this weekend (5/15)

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Heading down Friday night and wheelin Saturday. TREC race at 7p. May wheel for a bit on sunday morning then back home.

Taking the Baby Jeep and camping at the Badlands campground. Look for the big white whale pulling the long dong bumper pull.

I'm riding shot gun with a local guy in a ZJ for the TREC race. Should be fun!

mac 'hope to finish the race!' gyvr

Heading down Friday night and wheelin Saturday. TREC race at 7p. May wheel for a bit on sunday morning then back home.

Taking the Baby Jeep and camping at the Badlands campground. Look for the big white whale pulling the long dong bumper pull.

I'm riding shot gun with a local guy in a ZJ for the TREC race. Should be fun!

mac 'hope to finish the race!' gyvr

I have a wedding to go to that day. A good friend of mine is getting married.

The local Jeep club will be camping out Friday. I'll be rolling through the camp ground at 8:30 Saturday. Give me a hollar if you see a red XJ with an "Off Road" sticker on the doors.

The local Jeep club will be camping out Friday. I'll be rolling through the camp ground at 8:30 Saturday. Give me a hollar if you see a red XJ with an "Off Road" sticker on the doors.

If you see a white f450 with a black xj and a red comanche roll in the campground about 9pmish...that will be me and chaz.

mac 'site 41' gyvr

10-4 mac! Finally get to meet you. Chewbacca used to talk about you all the time years ago.

deco-w-mudd--- Maybe I'll see up there too! Be there tues. night.

Hey mac your F450 was parked at the same spot we were at. That is a huge a$$ trailer! No one was at your camp when I left.

oh you were with that group that had tents set up on our campsite?

mac 'long and lean' gyvr

Hey Mac coming from a drivers or navigators standpoint, is there any thing we can do different on the check points. Keep in mind some of the rules the drivers kinda forget about once the race begins. We had several who just refused to STOP at the check points and would get mad at us if we stood our ground on this one. The biggest problem we had was once it got dark we could not see numbers at all so we had to wait for some one in the vehicle to shout a number and they thought we were trying to hold them up because of it. Any thing you can think of to make this better will be taken under advisement. Thanx cardboard
PS which vehicle were you in, what number were you carrying.

Hey Mac coming from a drivers or navigators standpoint, is there any thing we can do different on the check points. Keep in mind some of the rules the drivers kinda forget about once the race begins. We had several who just refused to STOP at the check points and would get mad at us if we stood our ground on this one. The biggest problem we had was once it got dark we could not see numbers at all so we had to wait for some one in the vehicle to shout a number and they thought we were trying to hold them up because of it. Any thing you can think of to make this better will be taken under advisement. Thanx cardboard
PS which vehicle were you in, what number were you carrying.

I had not heard of problems like that at the check points. Was it more the razors or was it the buggies. I would say if the drivers can't play by the rules then they get dq'd. To me it seems that is the only way to make it work. I think all the check points needed more lighting. The reflective tape was good, but the flashing lights was really good. The only other fix would be to make the race start earlier so that there isn't as much night racing...

I was in one of the TREC Twins ZJs. I was in the the C741. We finished a lap down with the rear shocks breaking off in the first and second lap and losing a coil spring. We did 3.5 laps without rear shocks at all...it was pretty crazy but fun too! Plus it wasn't my equipment to trash :)

I saw you at the check point on green. I wanted to say hi but the driver wanted to hear you say go after getting the number from the rig, so I didn't bother.

mac 'still sore, but a good sore' gyvr

Back