• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Photos from Moab

Today (Friday) Derek and I went waterfall hunting since it was raining. We headed up highway 128 and found all along the highway waterfalls everywhere. As we drove along we ran into lots of people stopping to look and photograph them too. It is really neat to see this side of Moab. We kept driving up the highway until Onion Creek where we turned off to see how the road was doing. The first creek crossing was swollen with rain run off but it didn’t look too deep so I decided to try crossing it. As I turned at an angle upstream and headed in I came to a point where the front end dropped into a deep spot just as the creek pushed the whole Jeep sideways about three feet downstream. As this happened I jumped on the gas and made it across. Ok so I made it but I knew I couldn’t continue up the road as I would have to cross the creek a few more times and take on Rose Garden Hill in the rain. I turned around and starting out as far up on the road as I could dropped back into the creek heading downstream back across gripping the steering wheel tightly. As I proceeded in everything went better this time as I entered a little slower and was steady on the gas. Derek got a video of me coming back across which isn’t as exciting as it was the first time crossing but I made it.

photo8.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo19.jpg

photo24.jpg

photo33.jpg

We pressed on up the highway and headed out to see what the water crossing would be like on the way to Top of the World. When we got to it the road was covered for a stretch of about 75 feet long but the water was moving slower than Onion Creek. Derek headed in slowly to feel it out. As he kept going things looked good and were since he made it all the way across. So then I dropped in and it was fine with one section the right front dropped a little and in another the right side leaned in the areas where the water was flowing faster. We crossed back and went up a small part toward Dome Plateau which was pretty standard. The day was getting late and we needed to get back for the dinner/raffle so we turned back toward Moab. The rain had stopped falling and most of the waterfalls disappeared or became small on the return trip.

photo35.jpg

photo39.jpg

photo41.jpg

Once back in Moab I changed clothes and went over to the New Senior Center for the dinner/raffle and when it was over headed back to camp. Here I sit creating albums and posting. Tomorrow I will leave bound for Las Vegas but via off the beaten path so I should have some photos to show after I get home. As always Moab is great in any kinda of weather and fun wheeling with a great bunch of folk.

photo46.jpg

photo49.jpg

photo55.jpg

photo53.jpg

MJR said:
The first creek crossing was swollen with rain run off but it didn’t look too deep so I decided to try crossing it.
Good news. You washed your rims clean of the mud from Wednesday.

mike, great pics as usual! I hope to get some video up soon

Brendan_91XJ said:
No pictures of Remi working on his Junk yet?!?

This might be hard to believe but my rig ran pretty much without any major problems and I haven't had to wrench on it. On the other hand someone else had to take a BFH and wrench on his own rig for a change.

:D

Kejtar said:
This might be hard to believe but my rig ran pretty much without any major problems and I haven't had to wrench on it. On the other hand someone else had to take a BFH and wrench on his own rig for a change.

Serves him right. That Biotch.

Kyung

Kejtar said:

Wow 2 rod ends, far from the rear main/driveshaft/axle shaft from years ago but I heard THIS was the scene again this year.

Back