• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We made it

Opie

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We made it rolled in Friday about 5 staying about 3 miles south of town anybody here early look us up driving a green obs Ford or a red white blue xj c u soon Doug Rose

Finally made it about 2:30am Tuesday morning. Only 10 hours llate. Lost the second trailer tire just outside of Cedar City. Limped it back to the tire shop that said they'd stay open to find them locked up tight. Barely made it in time to WalMart, who quickly got us setup with two new tires. Even tightened the lugs with a torque wrench.

45 minute back on the road to come upon a tractor trailer blocking the slow kane. Turns out the tractor threw the driveshaft between the first and second axle. Spit the yoke through the grill of a Toyota pickup. No one hurt, but driver of the pickup pretty shook up. Pickup was driveable.

We're sleeping in tomorrow, since I'm coming off a 26 hour day Sunday. no runs, getting Jeep unloaded, etc.

David Bricker / SYR - CNY

Haha, I wonder if it was the tire shop were Goatman bought tires, was it attached to a Chevron? :)

Haha, I wonder if it was the tire shop were Goatman bought tires, was it attached to a Chevron? :)

No, independent shop. We were not impressed when we got there 20 minutes after we talked to them, and they had vanished.

David Bricker / SYR- CNY

Back