• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ - 4.6 Stroker - 6.5" Lift - TNT Customs Y-link

XJawgi

NAXJA Forum User
2000 Jeep Cherokee -- 4.6 Stroker -- 6.5" Long Arms -- 111,000 miles

Up for sale is a 2000 Jeep Cherokee that has been my toy for the past five years. Just as the title says -- It's a 2000 Cherokee with a 4.6 Stroked inline six sitting on 6.5" lift using TNT Customs long arms and 33x12.5" Mud Terrains. . I built this specifically for wheelin', no "Mall Crawler" here. The next step for me was to throw a set of Dana 60s but I decided I want to build a Tj with a LSx V8 and use my 60's.

I am going to be as detailed as I can while describing my rig.

History:

(Build thread:http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=960288)

I originally built the 4.6 stroker for my 89 XJ about 5 years ago. I put roughly 5,000 miles on the engine while it was in the 89 and that rig turned into swiss cheese due to rust. So I bought this 2000 to swap in the stroker bc it was a very clean, no rust Jeep. It turned into my daily driver for three years until I got a job working 30 miles away. I lifted the rig a year after the stroker was put in. It has been to Jeep School (Now called Southington Offroad) several times, Wellsville, and Badlands offroad park with absolutely no issues.

I bought this Jeep with 92,000 miles on it. Installed the stroker right away and drove it with the stock suspension for roughly 8,000 miles. I then installed the long arms, lift and tires. So the suspension, wheels and tires have 11,000 miles on them. Engine probably doesn't have more than 25,000 miles.

Specs:

Engine & Drivetrain:
-89 4.0 block -- Bored .030 over
- Sealed Power cast aluminium 677P .030 pistons
-AMC 258 Crank (casting # 3214723)
-AMC 258 Rods
-Crane cam & Lifters (Sku 753905, Duration at .050 inch Lift 204 int./216 exh. Valve Lift-.456 int./0.484 exh.)
-New OE timing chain and gears.
-Jeep 4.0 Cylinder Head -- casting # 7120 (Reman'ed with a brand new valve job)
-Meiling High volume oil pump
-2000 Jeep Intake and fuel injection
-AC Delete with Alternator swapped in the compressor's place (No more burnt out alternators from wheeling)
-Stainless APN Header
-Magnaflow high flow cat
-Stainless Works chambered turbo muffler
-Right now it has a turn down off the muffler. I had a custom 2.5" tailpipe bent for it, but a few hangers broke when I was wheeling and I haven't put it back on
-Optima Red Top Battery.
-New starter with less than 1000 miles on it
-New alternator with less than 5,000 miles on it.
-Front High Pinion Dana 30, 3.55 Gears (New u-joints with past 2500 miles)
-Rear Chrysler 29 Spline 8.25 with 3.55 Gears
-AW4 Transmission with fresh filter gasket and fluid

Suspension:
-Tnt Customs Y-Link with integrated skid plate (The best long arm upgrade with the best ground clearance!) http://www.tntcustoms.com/Jeep_Cherokee_XJ/Suspension_Upgrade.aspx
-Rough Country 6.5" Coil Springs
-Rustys Offroad 6.5" Full Leaf Packs
-Rough Country Adjustable trac bar
-ZJ tie rod and tie rod ends
-Homemade Steering box reinforcement plate
-PORC Slip Yoke Eliminator and rear Drive Shaft
-33x12.50 Mastercraft Mud terrains (Same tread design as the BFG KM1 Mud Terrains. Tires have a lot of tread, like mentioned above they only have around 11,000 miles on them. They do have some cuts and gouges from the rocks and wheelin it) http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MFT-73217/
-15x8 Black Cragar V-Star wheels
-I also have a pair of adjustable shackles that will come with the jeep, I do not feel like installing them
-The shocks are Monroes -- This was the only thing I skimped on bc I was in a rush to get it together to wheel it. They are shot and will need to be replaced.

Interior:
-Power locks & Windows
-JVC HD Radio Cd mp3 player
-Blapunct Front Speakers
- Alpine Rear speakers
-Front Saddlemen two tone sport seat covers (Neoprene)

Of course with any wheelin' rig, there are some items that will need to be addressed. I have kept this in mind when I came up with my asking price.

-The jeep is super solid with no rot what so ever. The floor boards are also super solid with no rot and have been freshly undercoated and repainted, along with the rest of the suspension. However, there are some dings, dents and scrapes on the exterior of the body because I wheeled it! The fenders have been trimmed and have some lovin' done to them. The front bumper is also off the vehicle. I was going to build my own but lost interest. So to make this Jeep a real looker, it will need a front bumper, and the front fenders replaced. Or you can trim the fenders even more and not even worry about it.

-As mentioned above, the shocks will need replaced. I also never installed the correct bump stops or limiting straps. Not a big deal, but it's something I planned on doing if I was going to keep it.

-The front exhaust/Intake manifold bolt broke off in the head, causing an exhaust leak. I went to extract the broke bolt, and ending up cracking the corner of the casting off the head. It is not enough to ruin the head or cause it to leak coolant, just enough to piss me off and cause an exhaust leak. I priced a new head and you can get one off ebay including core charge for $300, completely rebuilt with a new valve job. I am done with this jeep so I will not be replacing it.

-Lastly, there is a vibration coming from either the rear drive shaft or t-case. I havent had any time to pin point it, but there is basically a clicking when you drive down the road.

I have it up on the local craigslist for $5500. I am willing to negotiate as I would like to sell fast because my plates and insurance expire May 25th. Being sold as-is.

There's a few things that will need to be addressed, but once they are fixed, you will have one hell of a rig!

You can call or text me -- Two One Six -- 789 -- 837 one. I do not get reception at my work, so please leave a message and I will return your call at lunch or after work. I can check email, so you can also email me at [email protected].

I can provide more pics if requested.
DSC_5212.jpg

DSC01880.jpg

5Lf5G85Mf3M33F23l7c5ja53342be8dd7149b.jpg

Thanks!
-Anthony

How does she drive down the road?

She drives down the road well for not having sway bars. (which reminds me i dont think i included this in my original post.) It does not have a front sway bar or disconnects. I probably have an extra sway bar laying around some where if one would like one with the sale of the vehicle.

D30/8.25? Re-geared or lockers?

Sorry if I missed that in the thread.

HP dana 30 - 3.55 gears - open
29 spline Chry. 8.25 - 3.55 gears - open.

I had a set of 60s i was planning on putting in so thats why the stock axles never got locked or regeared.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks
-Anthony

My daily driver just spit a rod through the oil pan. Now I really need to sell this to pay for a new car.

M a k e - m e - an - OFFER!!

Thanks!
-Anthony

I also fixed the vibration from the rear drive shaft. Turns out it was main double cardon joint was sloppy and making the vibration. So i replaced it with another drive shaft.

Back