• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Craigslist 1999 XJ - where to start

How much old gas is left? If it’s a quarter tank or less I’d probably just fill up with fresh on top and throw in a can of sea foam. That’s what I did with mine when I pulled it out of storage with about a quarter tank. I ran another couple cans of sea foam through the engine after I burned through the old gas. Haven’t had any problems.

How much old gas is left? If it’s a quarter tank or less I’d probably just fill up with fresh on top and throw in a can of sea foam. That’s what I did with mine when I pulled it out of storage with about a quarter tank. I ran another couple cans of sea foam through the engine after I burned through the old gas. Haven’t had any problems.

About a quarter tank of gas + stabil, I'm guessing . I might try your suggestion.

A lot of the suggestions pnline (apart from dropping the tank) for draining the gas are sketchy :)

Back