• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Wiper

kellen

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I need to test some rear wipers for a jeep cherokee 1989. There are three wires going to the motor, anyone know which one I can jump so that I can test it out?

Thanks,

Kellen

kellen said:
Hey I need to test some rear wipers for a jeep cherokee 1989. There are three wires going to the motor, anyone know which one I can jump so that I can test it out?

Thanks,

Kellen

One will be ground, one "run" and one "park." If you can figure out the ground, then just try putting the + each of the other terminals and see if either of them makes it run. If you find the one that makes it run, run it a moment, then disconnect and switch to the one that should make it park. That should run briefly then shut itself off. Make sure you test both functions, because it's easy to kill the park circuit if someone shut the ignition off with the wiper unparked, and it later freezes to the glass.

Back