• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interco Narrow Special Service tires...

boomhauer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks, does anyone have any experience running the Swamper Narrow Special Service? It's between these 34x9.50R15, LTB's 34x10.50R15, or Boggers 33x10.50R15. I know a lot of people on here don't like narrow tires but i am an advocate of them, so please no "narrow sucks, get wide" comments lol! These would be a secondary wheeling only set. Oh by the way, heres the link;
http://www.intercotire.com/site32.php

Thanks! -B

PS if you have a pic of your XJ running the NarrowSS, love to see it please.

boomhauer said:
Hey folks, does anyone have any experience running the Swamper Narrow Special Service? It's between these 34x9.50R15, LTB's 34x10.50R15, or Boggers 33x10.50R15. I know a lot of people on here don't like narrow tires but i am an advocate of them, so please no "narrow sucks, get wide" comments lol! These would be a secondary wheeling only set. Oh by the way, heres the link;
http://www.intercotire.com/site32.php

Thanks! -B

PS if you have a pic of your XJ running the NarrowSS, love to see it please.
Actually, a lot of people on here swear by their skinnies. Search around for LTBs. There's lots of info on them.

I absolutely love my 34x10.50x15 ltbs....as long as you keep them spinning in the goo to self clean,they just keep on diggin'.However the last time I got stuck it was in a field that had some kind of clay-mud and once these got loaded up with that sticky crap I basically had street tires.I like the idea of running these narrow tires because they dont stress front end components as much as a wide tire....and they are CHEAP!!
As much as I like these I think I'll go with a set of 35x10.50 boggers when these wear out:cool:

Last edited:
Narrow tires suck , you gotta hook up with some 32x16 wides....

Just kidding. I'm a big fan of narrow tires. From what I've heard of the Special Service tires is that they are a very soft compound and don't wear very well, worse than the LTB's even. Take that with a grain of salt, it's only what I've been told.

I've run the TSL 32x9.50s and the 34x10.50 LTBs... the LTBs are awesome. My buddy has the same and loves them as well. They're actually not that narrow. There is a TSL 34x9.50 NOW THAT'S NARROW.

I sized up the 34 LTB and a 33x12.50 regular TSL today, and I think the 33 was bigger. The 34s are on the small side. They're more of a 33x10.50, but still completely a great buy for $134 each.

I wore a set of 34x9.50s out on my 95, mostly on the road. They do wear rapidly, and are a little loud. I think their worst characteristic is how they handle at speed on the highway. Basically, when you turn, there's quite a bit of delay and slop...very unresponsive, but you get used to it. Probably due to the tall lugs and soft compound.
I think they looked great, and would have been much better with proper gearing. I'd like to try the LTBs next.
I'll dig through my pics and see if I can post one.

Cameron

Back