• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finished D60/D70 axle swap

XJoachim

NAXJA Forum User
Just want to show you some pics of my lil' piece of junk with the "new" axles.

Front is a Dana 60 from a chevy K30 Pickup, pumpkin moved to drivers side, 3" shortened, moser 35 spline inner axles, detroit locker, 35 spline outers, Warn premium hubs.

Rear is a Dana 70 from a 79 F350, 3.5" axle tubes, detroit locker.

I'm now running 37x12.5R16.5 Wrangler MT Mil tires.

aap.sized.jpg

aao.sized.jpg

aan.sized.jpg

I have a small problem right now. The e-brake cables need lots of engagement for the e-brakes to work. Seems it's too much for the XJ lever. Should be not too much of a problem.

Oh, i forgot, i'm running 5.86 gears in it.

Dam Joachim, bout time you got rid of them turds! :D

How much did it cost to have that 60's pumpkin moved to the drivers side. i guess that they take the tubes out and have themchoped down and then swap sides. Just curious.

Jerm S.

Jerm S. said:
How much did it cost to have that 60's pumpkin moved to the drivers side. i guess that they take the tubes out and have themchoped down and then swap sides. Just curious.

Jerm S.
I don't know how they did it. I paid about 750 US$ to swap the pumpkin and shorten the axle tube about 2" each side.

My calculations have been correct, the rear is 64" WMS and the front 66" WMS width. I have included a Hi-Steer but i think i have to move the tie rod below the hi-steer arms because of clearance issues with the track bar frame mount. :D

That's bada$$ man

Thoes 37s look a little small. I see bigger tires in your future:D

AARON

How are you getting that by the TUV folks? You know, the German road worthiness police?

CRASH

Last edited:
@MrShoeBoy
These are my pavement tires, they're cheap and easy to get. For off road i think about 18/39.5 Boggers, 15/39.5 TSLs or 39x13.5 IROKs and i think it's gonna be Boggers.

@CRASH
I will have my rig inspected next week and i see no problems with itL It stops about 300% better than before and i also see no issues with the tires. The load range is ok, wheels are matching and they are covered. :D

Last edited:
XJoachim said:
@MrShoeBoy
These are my pavement tires, they're cheap and easy to get. For off road i think about 18/39.5 Boggers, 15/39.5 TSLs or 39x13.5 IROKs and i think it's gonna be Boggers.

40" MT/Rs baby!

That turned out great man. What did you do for brackets? - those don't look like the RE brackets.

Economos said:
40" MT/Rs baby!

That turned out great man. What did you do for brackets? - those don't look like the RE brackets.

I want to stay in the 16.5" category, 17" is not so popular and tires are rare. MT/Rs may be good on rocks but in germany we mostly have loose gravel, sand and mud.

Brackets are RE but had to raise the coil buckets a bit to clear the pumpkin. So i have extra 2" lift in front :D

XJoachim said:
I want to stay in the 16.5" category, 17" is not so popular and tires are rare. MT/Rs may be good on rocks but in germany we mostly have loose gravel, sand and mud.

Brackets are RE but had to raise the coil buckets a bit to clear the pumpkin. So i have extra 2" lift in front :D

I forgot you're in Germany.

Time for some new rear leafs to go with the axles. I'd ditch the blocks and get leafs long enough to correct that shackle angle, especially the driver's side. What have you done in the front to correct the driveshaft angle with that much lift & a low pinion? Got Droop?

jeep94xj said:
39.5's. TSL's, and Boggers.

fa7e6483.jpg

39.5s with a D44? I suppose you've got CTMs and alloy shafts right?

Back