• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is your favorite Cigar?

BOB

MWC geezer
NAXJA Member
What brand and Cigar size do you like?

I like Partagas #10
I also like Arturo Fuente 8-9-8

Thanks!

BOB

x2 on cohibas

CAO Cx2
Fuente Hemingway
Fuente Cubanitos for a quick smoke

And I've been really taking a shine to Acid cigars, especially the Blue Wafe. :guitar:

That reminds me...I've got an H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Corona that's been sitting in the humidor for the last 7 months. :D I think it needs to come out tomorrow. :peace:

Partagas is my favorite but have found an off brand called Toranos and I really am beginnig to like them.

Acid Atom Maduro, or Partagas 8-9-8. I have been consistently impressed by Drew Estate/Acid-branded smokes.

IXNAY - are you talking about expat Cohibas, or Cuban originals? If you're getting Cubans from overseas, vintage becomes important. From about 1965 to the late 1990's, they developed a habit of rushing them to market to raise capital - they've settled down somewhat. I've got one Cohiba left, it's Cuban, it's 1959 vintage, and it is the last of a batch given to me (about a half-dozen) by my CO when I was about to get out of the AF. I'm not sure when I'll smoke it - it will probably be a celebration of buying a house (I had the second-from-last one nine years ago, when I got married. I thought the occasion warranted it - my wife and I have been many things, but never bored or anything but happy with each other. The people that surround us, on the other hand...)

Most expat Cohibas are actually Dominican - but the Dominicans tend to make good smokes anyhow (I think Drew Estate rolls in Dominica, and they do a very good job...)

Acids are good for the beginner.

The more I get into it, the more I branch out into the more traditional smokes.

I'm on a Rocky kick right now, but I just picked up a CAO sampler and the Italia's/Brazilia's are nice as well.

ECKSJAY said:
That reminds me...I've got an H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Corona that's been sitting in the humidor for the last 7 months. :D I think it needs to come out tomorrow. :peace:

Mmmmmm

That was a good cigar. :D

I have never had a dominican cohiba, they are too damn expencive. I prefer the cubans myself...

Never really got into them, bought some cubans from the hudsons bay trading company while up in Ottowa/Hull and would bring them back every year to a couple of relatives who liked them.

La Gloria Cubana. If I'm celebrating, a Serie R No. 5. I prefer the maduros. Other than that, I go with a the La Gloria Cubana Wavell or Gordo also the maduros. For a cheap everyday, working in the garage smoke, I have an ammo box of La Fincas. I buy from JRCigars.com.

lol funny i found this thread while puffing my favorite C.A.O Maduro and i also like La Gloria Cubanas..and somtimes the cheapo double barrel rum outlaws lol

Ralph said:
La Gloria Cubana. If I'm celebrating, a Serie R No. 5. I prefer the maduros. Other than that, I go with a the La Gloria Cubana Wavell or Gordo also the maduros. For a cheap everyday, working in the garage smoke, I have an ammo box of La Fincas. I buy from JRCigars.com.

I've been getting my cigars from Mike's since 1991.

http://www.mikescigars.com/Home.aspx

BOB

ECKSJAY said:
Sure you don't have that backwards?

you would think so, but i got a box of cubans from a family member who went to cuba, so the cuban ones were free, and i would have to buy a dominican.

BOB said:
I've been getting my cigars from Mike's since 1991.

http://www.mikescigars.com/Home.aspx

BOB
Jrcigars is cheaper than Mikes with the brands I smoke and the shipping is only $2.50/item. For example, a box of 25 La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduros at Jr's are $62.99 and at Mike's for $67.27. Plus, Mike's doesn't carry the ammo box of the La Fincas. The ammo box La Finca is a cheap sandwich cigar, but still very good. Especially considering it's only around $65 for a box 91 cigars. They also come packed in an "ammo-dor". This is your standard .50 cal ammo box lined with Spanish cedar. They make surprisingly good humidors and also come in very handy for storing all kinds of other things. I've got a whole closet full of them.

Back