• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake & Hazard lights not working

johnferg69

NAXJA Forum User
According to my trusty???? Haynes repair manual the two have one common link besides ground and that's a 20 amp "CLK HAZ STOP" fuse. I don't have a "CLK HAZ STOP" fuse in the fuse box. I see one for clock, turn/bu and a hazard relay.

I haven't found ANY blown fuses in the fuse box under the dash or under the hood. Or any bad bulbs although the only lights I pulled and checked where the rear lights.

Any advise??

Two things: Always include the model year, engine size, and transmission type in your postings. Include the T-case and any other related information as needed. The correct answer to many simply and some complex issues will vary drastically based on the the model year and/or the installed options.

Chilton's and Haynes are for oil changes and brake jobs, they are useless for much beyond that. If you are planning on working on your Cherokee you need a Factory Service Manual (FSM) for your model year. It has the exact detailed information (including wire diagrams) that, again, can vary from year to year. The are for sale new and used on the Internet and on eBay.

Basic electrical trouble shooting is to check fuses, wires, relays, ground connections, bulbs, and switches for damage, corrosion, or malfunctions.

Last edited:
*****************NEVER MIND FOUND A BROKEN WIRE UNDER THE HOOD BY THE FUSE/RELAY BOX------------- ITS ALL GOOD NOW************

FSM Yeah the mechanics where I work have them for our Macks. Great for training PM guys, parts changers and letting em knowing if they dont wanna fix it themselves!!!

Last edited:
Back