• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help on 97 newer door wiring

duner12

NAXJA Forum User
i have searched the forum for this swap alot of people have done it but i can not find the help on the wiring side of it.

Ok i have gone to the junk yard and pulled 98 Cherokee doors the entire wiring harness from the same car i have laid it all. I have powered the driver switch to just roll up the windows on both sdes but i can not make the power mirror or the locks as well a the pasanger side switches to work. With this pull i also grabed the over head console that the relay for the lock is in i pluged everything up with the right side kick panel but i don't know how to power the kick panel where all the relays are. i keep hearing the tan wires but i have 3 and powered all of them and still no mirrors no locks. Any help would be greatly appericated and i am under a little time crunch seeing as i want to leave back to college station on saturday afternoon. I would have started this sooner but i have been helping my dad fix my sister camero after a bad curb hit. I have also read the JP mag on this articul and it was not much help .
If not i would be willing to make a whole new harness but i need some help on the relay lay out and the switches.

Next 4.10's and Posi's

the JP article has a wiring diagram on page 2... which is easy to miss, did you check that?
i havent removed my doors, or done any work on them, but are you sure the switches control the +12v circuit, and not the ground? i

looking at my FSM, the drivers side switches all basically pass through the other door switches before going to the motors

br/wt & vt/wt to the passenger power lock window switch
db/wt & rd/bk to the left rear window switch
gy/bk & dg/wt to the right rear window switch.

the switches on the other doors also need the yellow wire from the window lock switch going to them.

as far as mirrors, the yl/dg wire powers the switch, there should be a black ground that goes with that, everything else should be factory wiring to the mirror on the drivers side. passenger side gets the DB and yl/bk wires to terminals 3 and 1 respectively, and the Or/Yl wire to terminals 2 and 4

hope this makes a little sense, and hope it helps good luck

Back