• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another parking light wiring issue

Base2Final

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy! So I just bought a 1990 Jeep XJ 4.0 from a friend who started the project back in 2013. Short n skinny of it, He has rebuilt everything under the truck ( motor, trans, Xfer case, etc etc) lifted tires, SLE, bumpers all the good stuff.. He has ripped all of the interior out. I mean all but the entire dash. I started putting it all back together where he left off.

Going through it all I’m finding the running lights and dash light are not working. No power to the dash light fuse. The 10amp fuse for the running lights and associated components keeps blowing quick, obviously a short somewhere. In my search and research I see a lot in regards to after market radios that have effected this. Currently there is NO radio in the truck. I went a step further and cut out the after market radio plug completely. Anyhow, my question to y’all is, Does there need to a connection somewhere in the radio writing for the dash light to work? I’ve read about the orange wire needing to be connected to the circuit somehow but it was very vague.

I know that won’t fix the shorting issue but it’ll have to be dealt with. I will likely be taking out the dash this weekend in search of that dang short..

I’ve been search and searching all the forums and google for about a week now looking for this thing and about the radio wiring. Can’t even seem to find a good wiring diagram!

Anyhow thanks for the help!!

Kyle

FWIW: In regards time the short. I got power to the 10amp fuse. I get the buzzer, as soon as I turn on the head lights it blows the fuse. Replaced the headlight switch, unplugged front running lights and blinkers, unplugged rear tail lights, tested the blue relay. No power going to the dash light fuse. I am receiving some equipment today to hopefully help me narrow down the short.

No power to the dash light fuse is kinda perplexing. Wondering if the radio wiring has something to do with this?

Thanks again

Back