• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The wife is now officially a "hot rodder"....

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
As much as I'd have rather been wrenching with the guys on Seth's XJ, Shari and I had a rare oportunity to trade our '03 Envoy in on a new GM vehicle with very nice discounts - huge discounts. We simply had to move today on the deal. We really wanted a new Grand Cherokee Overland but DC really likes 'em ($$$) and wouldn't deal enough on our trade.

Here's what we traded for:

SharisTBSS.jpg

Yep. '07 Trailblazer SS-3. 395hp/400tq. This thing is awesome! If ya gotta get an SUV and you can't lift it.... ya just as well be able to go fast! :D It also doesn't hurt to get it several thousand below MSRP after D&H, Taxes, fees and extendend warranties. We're no longer $5K upside down on our Envoy. Otherwise we wouldn't have bothered.

Nice ride Troy definatly a good deal..............

philip_g said:
srsly, can you imagine the ass it would kick with a maggie?

Yeah..... it'd probably get MINE kicked....... by my wife....:D Her DD and me putting the go-fast stuff on it..... not a good combo. I think I'll keep the Maggie thoughts pointed at the GTO.

Although, with me already having the grocery-getter affliction... this SS is really starting to get me thinking about selling the GTO again...... and getting serious about the '46 Olds. I hate parking the GTO all winter with those payments......

Gawd I wish I could make up my mind and stick to it. :D

YELLAHEEP said:
Yeah..... it'd probably get MINE kicked....... by my wife....:D Her DD and me putting the go-fast stuff on it..... not a good combo. I think I'll keep the Maggie thoughts pointed at the GTO.

Although, with me already having the grocery-getter affliction... this SS is really starting to get me thinking about selling the GTO again...... and getting serious about the '46 Olds. I hate parking the GTO all winter with those payments......

Gawd I wish you would get your ass down here and help!! :D

YELLAHEEP said:

don't go maggie, go gen-tt....

that's why I sold the GTO among other reasons and am building the el es juan RX7, it's lighter, will do more with less, and I own it so no payments and I don't feel bad about parking it half the year.

Led said:
Gawd I wish you would get your ass down here and help!! :D

So do I brutha....... so do I.

Hope to have my rig emissioned and registered today/tomorrow morning and the other issues at least workable for the run. Otherwise, I'll be having to bum a bitch seat. Still don't have the '96 radiator issue fixed either.

If I have my junk ready - I may be able to come down Thurs/Fri ....... IF I call in sick...... But hopefully you guys will have it done before then.

LOL - How is 2 forums "a lot"?????

:twak:

The GF right now has a 98XJ and she wants a new jeep. She was looking at that patriot tell we test drove it. I thought it felt nice and stable and the seating was comfy. It had some good pep for a 4 banger, but not good enough It was pretty loud on the inside when getting on it which you have to do to get it to up any kind of a hill. Now if they were to put that 4 banger turbo diesel in that thing HOLD ON TIGHT. Her mom just picked up an 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee and that thing is plush and not bad for a V6. Is this a new V6 or the same one the liberty has? I hated the liberty how torquey that V6 was and all but this GC didn’t seem to be the same or it just shifted a lot smoother. Anyone test drive a diesel GC yet? I wanted to that same day we drove the patriot, but they didn’t have any on the lot.

I gotta ask man, where the hell did that come from? lol

she rented a liberty and liked it, I'd like her to get a diesel for mileage since she drives a ton.

Last edited:
philip_g said:
I gotta ask man, where the hell did that come from? lol

she rented a liberty and liked it, I'd like her to get a diesel for mileage since she drives a ton.

you said

"the GF wants an SUV, I'm trying to steer her this way, I think it's too much $$ still for her though."

and this post was about a new suv. Could have started a new one I guess but that reeks of effort hahaha :laugh:

I test drove the first one on the lot when they came out years ago. I got in and it felt like a bubble. If your tall the head room is nice. I didn't care for the seats all that much. When you hit the gas I didn't care for the delay and then the whip lash action of the tourqe it hit you with. I was doing 70 and tride to get over into traffic to pass a truck in front of me and same thing again when you hit the gas and I didn't care for it. The diesel one of the liberty was much smoother for sure.
That's why I'd like to see that in the patriot that would be so cool. better pep and power in a light weight little SUV.

DUDE you have problems and enough work on your plate with that nissian build up. Good luck with that by the way.

SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee. HEMI!!!!!!

Back