• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noreaster Brendan punishes northeast

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
I get a kick out of hearing that on the news cuz thats my name..hehe

how much snow are u guys getting??

roads bad?

BRENDAN

I had a fun drive home on the pike, even in worcester people cant handle the snow and a hill thinking put brakes to floor is the answer...

picked up some sam adams on the way home from work and called dominoes

lol...i didnt drive much today..the jeep needs an alignment after the lift...but some of the roads hadnt been touched yet...it was fun though!!

Living near the coast means I have to deal with more ice than snow.

We got about 5" of.. icy crap.. in my area. I was ofcourse driving around for the hell of it. We had to go pick up my buddies GTI from the body shop (what a day to pick to do that!) and THAT was interesting. Sliding back down every hill we went up, it was quite the icy mess.

drove from SE CT to wachusetts mtn in princeton mass.

roads were bad, lots of accidents. took it slow and everything went fine, but the roads were extremly bad.

It took me 3 hours to drive what's normally 1.... Tons of ice and snow... 3-4" ice and still saying 6-10" of snow.. Winter Storm Warning in effect 'til 6am Saturday.

Here's pics from an hour ago at my friends house.. my Jeep died too. My idler pulley went bad on the way here... UGH.. Now I am stranded until some place opens up and I can get a new one. I also don't have 4WD.. but my MTZ's did me well.

DSC_1801.jpg

DSC_1802.jpg

JoeShmo said:
We got about 5" of.. icy crap.. in my area. I was ofcourse driving around for the hell of it. We had to go pick up my buddies GTI from the body shop (what a day to pick to do that!) and THAT was interesting. Sliding back down every hill we went up, it was quite the icy mess.

Yeah, and as of this post, I'm still at work in the same area and it's still coming down like that. Nasty stuff.

I'm glad I'm not driving home tonight, even in the XJ - I booked a hotel at lunchtime, so I only have a couple minutes travel from work tonight when I finally do get out...

Glad to hear you got back from the body shop ok.

Rob Mayercik said:
Yeah, and as of this post, I'm still at work in the same area and it's still coming down like that. Nasty stuff.

I'm glad I'm not driving home tonight, even in the XJ - I booked a hotel at lunchtime, so I only have a couple minutes travel from work tonight when I finally do get out...

Glad to hear you got back from the body shop ok.

Which hotel?.. Incase I feel like running out and steeling some mis-matched doors in the middle of the night.

My ZJ is two-wheel drive right now. :(

Here's some math:

250 horsepower
+
350 ft-lbs torque
+
posi rear
+
225/70R16 regular street tires
+
no ABS right now

=
all over the f'ing road. :)

Pretty slick nasty stuff yesterday, took my xj to work , after I put my spare axle shafts and other odds and ends in the back for ballast, only took 45 min to get to work, took about 3 hours to get home. It's always nice to go tooling along at 15 - 20 mph and not get stuck, and watch the impatient idiots end up in the ditch,....gawd what a bunch of dumbfawks. The roads are still not clear by me.......

BBeach: His is the dark slate color, cant remember what they actually called it.

The main roads around here are OK for the most part, all of the local streets are hell though, ive been watching hondas, hyundais, and other small jap cars just spin at the bottom of my hill all morning, its made for quite the enjoyable time while snow-blowing.

Have you ever spent some time up at Lebanon Valley dragway? You kinda fit the description of a zj that was there last summer pulling 15's I think.

Nope, not me. Those are all stock specs for the 5.9L V8 edition. :) It's pretty quick and hauls my trailer and XJ decently enough, but I doubt it's near the 15s yet. 0-60 is right around 7 second. Once the XJ project is done I'll probably be tuning the ZJ a bit more though.

Back