• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad local vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
First let me start by saying I know the guy behind the company personally. Have for years and he's a local guy to our chapter.

When things were rolling for JD last year or so he was getting a lot of negative feedback. Taking money and no product in return. Blowing off customers. Ignoring self obligated deadlines. And failing to come through in anyway at all until the customers reached point of showing up to his house demanding money back. Always with an excuse of being sick, at the hospital, family emergency, whatever.

I figured, things must not be that bad, let me order some sliders through him and give some good feedback for him, these people are obviously overreacting. 3 weeks. WEEKS. After the initial 'promised date' to have me the sliders, I finally got them. This is after text upon text, call upon call, offer to pick them up, pay more for shipping, whatever. Always an issue with him Being sick, his family needing something in an emergency, or he had to go to the ER.

So, I left no review, I was pissed how it turned out, but I knew the guy and didn't want to make things worse.

Fast forward to coloradofest last month. JD is a sponsor here, and part of his agreement is to offer up so much gear to raffle off. His attendance was questionable for weeks prior to the event. We began working ways to get his gear to cofest. I offered to go get them, haul them out to the event and everything, just to help out. Yet time and again, there was an excuse. An issue with meeting up. He couldn't make it into town to drop them off at my brothers place. Nothing.
Then he's supposed to make it out to cofest for the raffle and bring his gear. That never happened.
Several different winners for his 3 items. Myself and two north of myself, and Jd.

I offered to run the sliders and bumper north for him when I picked up the rear bumper I won. Sounded like a plan. Then it became excuse after excuse. Like I said, I know JD personally, so he knew it was going on my sisters rig, who leaves for college this week. So there was only about a 3 week timeframe to get it from him and pick it up.

Several attempts were made to have him drop it off, have him ship it, have me pick it up. All failed. The other folks haven't gotten theirs either because of the same sad excuses as he always gives. I'm too sick. I can't do anything. I'm in the er. Bumper isn't here it's at my dads where he has room to store it. Jd live on 20 or so acres with a workshop. But he doesn't have the room? He doesn't feel good and is in the er being sick, yet he posts pics of him and other members drinking in his shop partying instead of being at cofest or finishing the work he was obligated to get done.

So now that my sister is leaving. Jd 'apologized' and offered to do the sliders on my brothers rig to make up for it. Against my judgement, my brother agreed. Jd backed out twice from meeting up. And then finally flat told him he wasn't gonna do them at all.
And still hasn't delivered the items to any of the folks.

If anyone is curious, or if there is rebuttal from OffRoad armor, I have screen shots of all the texts, the pics from drinking when he couldn't make it to cofest. Etc. etc.

How fair is it to other sponsors to pay their dues and be stand up folks when he gets to be a slime ball and gets same treatment.
How fair is it to members who support the chapters with raffle funds, to get screwed by a company who can't live up to their word to come through.

Regardless of being on naxja anymore or not, they will never see a penny or a positive thing to say from me. This bs has to stop with companies.

Buyer beware.

That is sad to hear.

This should be in the Buyer/Seller Feedback forum.

Last edited:
I thought so as wel. However being a bit more than a one on one thing I felt it should be a chapter public post. Move however. Just giving reason why I posted here.

in4aride said:
I thought so as wel. However being a bit more than a one on one thing I felt it should be a chapter public post. Move however. Just giving reason why I posted here.
Hypoid said:
Since I have not done my homework, I'll leave this here for another Mod to move.

I'm not taking a chance on screwing this up. :)

Hahaha. Fair enough.

Eta:
A local guy decided to lend him a hand a post that the bumper was not completed yet and was awaiting parts to be completed.
Yet yesterday I have a text in response to me asking if bumper wasn't completed to just be honest, saying it is complete, he's not a liar.

Down the rabbit hole we go.

This is exactly why I always post warnings to stay away from that douche when newbies get on here and ask where to buy bumpers and sliders. I worked on a couple XJs at crawlertech that had his sliders and bumpers and the fit and finish was just horrendous for something that came from a "shop". He left all the steering box bolts loose on one of the XJs! The rear bumper on another that he built the tire carrier wouldn't even stay latched.

Several friends with JKs had issues waiting months to get sliders and had to threaten him to get their parts or money back and in the end only one person actually got his sliders and they had to cut parts off and reweld the legs in different positions to even get them to fit their jeeps.

That guy has no business selling his shitty parts or even being on business at all.
It's time to ban this idiot.

I bought a pair of rock rails from him a year and a half ago. The fit was questionable and the finish was sloppy. I have since repainted them and ill be adjusting the fit when I redo my suspension. For nearly half the cost of similarly designed rails, I wasn't expecting perfection. That being said, clearly pride is not being taken in his work. How can I take pride in my rig when the parts suck? This is sad. I hope that people dont get off-put by this one guy and stop supporting local shops and start ordering stuff from Summit and Quadratec instead. Local shops run by competent people are what, in my opinion, help keep this sport alive and me on the trail.

This is my first jeep so I've learned a lot of stuff the hard way. But resources like this forum, and posts like this help me and others avoid bad decisions when possible. Thanks for the details. This will help others, hopefully, avoid bad vendors and more importantly, known why to as opposed to some mindless tirade.

I'm sorry but this guy needs to be banned from here. This is the kind of crap that makes the club look rag tag and a den for thieves.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Late delivery is just bad service no delivery is theft ,so we need to make certain the claims of money paid for no goods received is accurate .I have had really late delivery of goods and service it 7 weeks to get my suspension it was to be 2 weeks it took a conpany whos trade color is Grabber Green 8 weeks to knock out a 2 week job they quoted for just that and thousands less...lol...some companies are awesome many are hit and miss ...BUT like I said no goods with pay received is theft if that is proven I would say there is no arguing .

I will not respond after this message but i will address a couple of the comments!
I bought a pair of rock rails from him a year and a half ago. The fit was questionable and the finish was sloppy. I have since repainted them and ill be adjusting the fit when I redo my suspension. For nearly half the cost of similarly designed rails, I wasn't expecting perfection. That being said, clearly pride is not being taken in his work. How can I take pride in my rig when the parts suck? This is sad. I hope that people dont get off-put by this one guy and stop supporting local shops and start ordering stuff from Summit and Quadratec instead. Local shops run by competent people are what, in my opinion, help keep this sport alive and me on the trail.

This is my first jeep so I've learned a lot of stuff the hard way. But resources like this forum, and posts like this help me and others avoid bad decisions when possible. Thanks for the details. This will help others, hopefully, avoid bad vendors and more importantly, known why to as opposed to some mindless tirade.

If they don't fit correctly bring them back we'll fix em, we guarantee everything we sell no questions, finish is rattle can paint and every customer is told so, If you want the powder coated or something g else you are welcome to do so!

If my products are so bad why does almost every member of this chapters BOD have at least one of our products on their jeeps? and many other members as well. we do not claim to make the best products out there by any means however they are tough and they meet the lower price point market that many XJ people are looking for.

Late delivery is just bad service no delivery is theft ,so we need to make certain the claims of money paid for no goods received is accurate .I have had really late delivery of goods and service it 7 weeks to get my suspension it was to be 2 weeks it took a conpany whos trade color is Grabber Green 8 weeks to knock out a 2 week job they quoted for just that and thousands less...lol...some companies are awesome many are hit and miss ...BUT like I said no goods with pay received is theft if that is proven I would say there is no arguing .

There was no money involved, Mike has said he no longer wants the bumper so he will not receive it!

Justin and Metal monkey have made arrangements to get the items they won and will will honor that.
however it is only because of the relationship justin and i have.
We are no longer going to sponsor this club in any form
We have been a sponsor for 4 years in a row and the last 3 years we have been the LARGEST SPONSOR of this chapters COfest raffle last months raffle included, even when you take the value of Mikes bumper out of the picture!

I drank some coffee and looked at the buttons. :)

I'll leave a redirect on the chapter page for one week. Sadly, this is not the only complaint I have heard about JD taking money not delivering the goods in a timely manner.

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?23776-Beware-off-Road-armour&p=291939#post291939

Those that know me know that i have had serious health issues in the last few years and have sometimes been late getting items out. Not really a excuse just a reason, I am a one man shop and when I'm unable to work it doesn't get done. but Every single person has either received a refund or the products they ordered.
Last week i was at several doctors and the ER 2 times with a migraine headache so bad that it was making me :puke::puke: Not looking for pity here at all just stating a fact. If Mike doesn't believe that sorry but there are other members here that can confirm this.

As i said above this is the last time i'll respond here. Not doing the whole drama BS if you like my stuff and wanna buy it great if not i have more than enough customers in line i sell my stuff as fast as i can make it!

Really? Guys getting your gear have confirmed the bumper wasn't completed when you specifically said it was. They confirmed it was in pieces and you were waiting to finish it.
Should I post the pic of you and florhead at your shop drinking when you were so ill you couldn't move or do anything? You're a joke Jd.

Ya know. Think I am going to post the pics and texts and responses from other folks regarding the status of the bumper.
Funny how the one that's been in question the whole time is the one you won't deliver. :roflmao:

Made arrangements? Like the arrangements made over the last month? What about the deal you made to 'make it right' by doing sliders you backed out on? Or that you wanted to discount for screwing me over on my sliders when I ordered those from ya? Or you just gonna back out on those too? Seems like a pattern here. Looks a lot like bullshit. :thumbsdown:

Really? Guys getting your gear have confirmed the bumper wasn't completed when you specifically said it was. They confirmed it was in pieces and you were waiting to finish it.
Should I post the pic of you and florhead at your shop drinking when you were so ill you couldn't move or do anything? You're a joke Jd.

If your talking about Jake his bumper was waiting on new bushing to put in it he was here almost a week before the discussion about your bumper actually i don't tell every customer who's parts and here or not or done or not he was trying to help explain things to you because he new i was to sick to even respond, neither here nor there. He has no idea of my inventory or status of what i build or sell, i have sold 6 bumpers since his, his was the first of the redeisned ones and we made a few weeks on the ones after his while waiting on parts etc to fix some little issues with the latch/ and swing out mount!
whatever dude your a jackass, if you had waited 10 more hours you'd have had the bumper, whatever dude

There are no pics of me drinking when was sick, you are perhaps talking about the weekend or two before that when we where working and drinking etc here. Which btw is non of your ****ing business!

Made arrangements? Like the arrangements made over the last month? What about the deal you made to 'make it right' by doing sliders you backed out on? Or that you wanted to discount for screwing me over on my sliders when I ordered those from ya? Or you just gonna back out on those too? Seems like a pattern here. Looks a lot like bullshit. :thumbsdown:

you are the one that said you didn't want the bumper, why would i do sliders for you now, which i never said i wouldn't do by the way, i simply told your brother i couldn't do them saturday cause i was still sick,

Arrangements with them are non of your damn business, I actually had to make a new bumper for justin because he needed one a little wider for his frame stiffeners and he's gonna wait to get it till someone is going up that way! because he is actually a reasonable person

Last edited:
Hahaha. Ok. I'll get the pics and texts and stuff up. I'm not afraid to post what was said. Just shows you flaking out the past 3 weeks since BEFORE coloradofest and every single time since. Really. Pretty sure you bailed multiple times in his jeep and last time said you weren't going to be doing the sliders.

And it is my business. When you post online partying it up then say you haven't drank with Flores in forever because you don't do that. Then bitch because you're supposedly so ill and it just happened to be when you can't produce a product you knew was due months in advance, it looks like total horseshit.
Yeah ten hours huh. Like the last few weeks, oh tomorrow my bad. Oh tomorrow my bad.
Funny. Bet you're just all healthy as can be now that you don't plan on delivering the bumper that's not available.

It's alright. From my math there's over 2800 in orders pending with whether you deliver and make it right or not. From the talks last time about your rig breaking and not having the cash that's 2800 that could be well used. If only you could supply the bumper. Oh well. Your call.

Hahaha. Ok. I'll get the pics and texts and stuff up. I'm not afraid to post what was said. Just shows you flaking out the past 3 weeks since BEFORE coloradofest and every single time since. Really. Pretty sure you bailed multiple times in his jeep and last time said you weren't going to be doing the sliders.
Just because i didn't need you to take the shit down there doesn't mean i was flaking out! That is really between justin and I he got the gift certs because i wasn't able to make it down there!
And it is my business. When you post online partying it up then say you haven't drank with Flores in forever because you don't do that. NEVER said "I don't do
that" I drink with the best of them everyone knows that and really still non of your dumb ass business, that haven't been to his house except to pickup or deliver parts etc for a while since around the time of the start of cofest
Then bitch because you're supposedly so ill and it just happened to be when you can't produce a product you knew was due months in advance, it looks like total horseshit. WHat are you even talking about months in advance now your just being stupid!
Yeah ten hours huh. Like the last few weeks, oh tomorrow my bad. Oh tomorrow my bad.
Funny. Bet you're just all healthy as can be now that you don't plan on delivering the bumper that's not available.

It's alright. From my math there's over 2800 in orders pending with whether you deliver and make it right or not. From the talks last time about your rig breaking and not having the cash that's 2800 that could be well used. If only you could supply the bumper. You still want a bumper from me thought you said you didn't want it? pics below
If you want one Call me one the phone we can discuss it!
Oh well. Your call.
You said you didn't want the dam bumper! Its gone and sold!
my rig was and is broke WTF does that have anything to do with it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back