• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown Dog motor mounts

BTaylor

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Those of you that have these are you using the polyurethane bushings or the "ultra flex" rubber bushings? Just curious how bad the vibrations might be with the polyurethane, its no my DD but I still drive it quite a bit. Hell I doubt I'd even notice, the current drivers side mount is pretty much gone.

Guess I should have read the Rubber vs Polyurethane section on their site.

"XJs and MJs (all engines): Rubber is better."

I actually run the poly mounts on my xj. I did not notice any difference, compared to the stock mounts which were both gone anyway.

I'll just go with those then. Thanks fellas.

I got the rubber...there was a hair more vibes...but they make everything feel more solid...poly might be overkill for a daily driver...imo....

Truth lol..

Its far from my daily, put less than 3k miles on it last year. It's mainly my dog hauler/winter car when there's snow. I have a 2006 Cummins and a 2005 GTO so it won't be driven much other than to run errands with my dog this summer.

I run polly mounts in my red 2dr 2.5 wheeler/wannabe racer and with no interior it has a bad rattle/resonance that it did not have with the stock rubber mounts. Like so bad you need ear plugs. But the same mounts on the buggy,4.0, it just rattles a dash bolt on the aluminum dash panel but its alnost all toob.

With all that said I have been in an XJ with full interior, carpet, dash, headliner and it did not have any kind of rattle or resonance you just 'felt' the motor idle a bit more over stock rubber. My 2cents for the day.

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

Back