• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PCM location?

alek21

NAXJA Forum User
i think my PCM is bad in my jeep, I've tried the ignition switch and the TPS and neither were the problem. where is the PCM located? a picture would be very helpful as well.

1991 6cyl, ax-15. np231

thank you!

because i have read a few threads on here and their jeeps had the same symptoms as mine and it ended up being the PCM. it will start and run fine for 2-3 seconds then just die. i replaced the tps and the ignition switch and neither have fixed the problem.

sounds like your fuel pump ballast resistor honestly.

But the ECU is on the inside of the left inner fender, right by the airbox and hood latch.

I don't think so, but I always wonder about the "note from DJ" prefix...

me too...

sounds like your fuel pump ballast resistor honestly.
x2, my 90 had the same exact symptoms and the fuel pump ballast resistor was the culprit. No more than $10 from the auto parts store and one bolt holds it in.

and here it is, right above the airbox:

images

Note from DJ
My nick name is DJ and I have a gray 88XJ

we dont think your a bot because of your user name. we think you are a bot because every post you have a "Note from DJ" on it.

Back