• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It never rains, it pours...

COWheeler

NAXJA Forum User
So I have to say thanks to the schmuck who broke into my XJ over the weekend, in my gated community no less, busted apart the dash, did a good number on the heater controls, and stole the old Kenwood CD player that didn't work. Some people have no respect, and in this case no intelligence. Thanks to that idiot I now get to replace the heater controls and dash trim, along with the deck. Goes to show, keep an eye on your second vehicle/rig.....

Join the club, my wife's heep has been broken into twice for POS stereos.

The bastards! I had some property vandalized while in a fenced storage area. Somebody else caught the kids responsible, got himself an assualt charge in the process. It didn't stop the little bastards, just made them more careful.

If YELLAHEEP can't hook you up, the yards are full of early style XJs.

sorry to hear. at least the deck didnt work.
dumb ass is probably gonna sell it to someone that will end up beating his ass because it doesnt work.

all these break ins are making me want to go buy a new alarm. i disconnected my old one because it was shorting out on the speaker so it would randomly go off.
i remove my face plate and hit the ignition cut off switch before i leave my jeep anywhere.

I had just bought this thing before all the legal stuff, so it was bone stock. Hadn't even had an oil change yet haha. But it's ok, I'd rather it now then after te lift and stuff. Least I'm in the "repair and replace" mindset

That would have been a real bummer. In the next month or so I'm going to try to scrape up the cash, and fix the dash and everything, figure out why it dont like to stop, then start locating wheels and buying suspension components for the lift. I got the itch like crazy, and I really want it ready for the trails by next spring at the latest. And the last thing I'll do is put a new deck in it haha

keep your eyes out in the CO for sale section.
you can get those parts for cheap from a NAXJA member parting out an XJ.
they come through quite a bit and the parts that the thief broke are easily replaceable. (interior is not effected in fender benders)
what year is your XJ?
ill keep an eye out for you too.
maybe take a pic and post it of the damage done.

I'll have to get on a computer to post pics, and in my current situation, that's a challenge. But it's an 88. The heater control piece is shot, and the trim that goes around the gauge cluster and stereo/heater controls is broke in two pieces. I'll get home and survey the damage further this afternoon. As far as wheels go, I've been watching the forsale section pretty close

i may be wrong here but i THINK any dash panels can be used up to 96.
the heater control, you may have to find a closer year. i think up to 91.
this should make replacement easier.

i may be wrong here but i THINK any dash panels can be used up to 96.
the heater control, you may have to find a closer year. i think up to 91.
this should make replacement easier.
Yeah, you should be good through '96 at least although the point about the heater controls is a good one.

Jim www.yuccaman.com/jeep

ya.... these guys motivated me to do my motor swap! i cant thank those involved enough! there are some damn good people here!

Back