• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Jeep cherokee low idle and stall.

WestonH1991xj

NAXJA Forum User
So, I have a 1991 jeep Cherokee with the 4.0 inline 6. I've read lots of threads about the same issue, (low idle and stall). I have replaced the battery, IAC (deep cleaned the throttle body.), TPS, CPS, and temp sensor. i sprayed the vacuum lines with starting fluid while running and no difference. I have noticed a loud suction sound coming from the front of the intake but no clear cracks or anything. I also replaced the spark plugs because they are black and the coil pack because I had orange spark. I'm out of ideas and have no clue what to do any more. would love the help in trying to figure this out. Thanks.

Did you use factory Mopar sensors?

Retorque your intake and exhaust bolts? Leave the intake/exhaust end studs alone, just coat them in grease.

alright so figured it out it was the distributor there was a bunch of gunk built up under the cap so replaced the cap and rotor. thanks for the help.

Thanks for letting us know! Glad you found it.

Back