• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

07 grand cherokee sudden loss of power

wgregt

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all. Was driving my 07 2WD Hemi Grand Cherokee this weekend when it had a sudden loss of fwd motion on the freeway. Coasted to the right hand lane (it would rev like in neutral but no power to transmission) so I shut it off. Waited a minute, and it started right back up, went into gear fine, and drove home fine the rest of the way (northern PA to DC.) Did not make any noises/grinding/pulsing etc when the power loss occurred. Still had pwr steering and brakes fine. 125k miles on it.

Have not driven it since b/c I don't want to be stranded again. Any idea where to look? Battery/cables are fine, starts/moves fine now (near the house.) Sudden loss of power made me think bad tranny, but the immediate restart and A-OK drive afterwards has me stumped on where to start this process. Love to hear your thoughts.

TIPM fuel relay was somewhat common problem with the 2011+ WK2s, not certain if it was an issue with the WKs but the loss of power and then it starting back up and nothing else seeming to be the problem sounds like the relay could be going bad.

david

Back