• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 shift kit ?

tomhil

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any experiance with a AW4 shift kit? Rebuilding one and want to make it as bullitproof as possible.

How much do you want to spend?

If you want one that's really bullitproof behind a 4.0, try an Allison 1000 transmission. You'll never break the transmision. If you really want to go hardcore, they have modified ones for more durability as well the diesel guys send 600+ horsepower and 1,000+ ft lbs through.

I wonder if it'd work with the computers and whatnot... if I bothered with the Allison 1000 then I might as well swap in a dmax as well. Gosh that'd be a wierd XJ.

I would say that they are pretty much already bullet proof since they were used from 87 till IIRC 01. yeah that's one hell of a tranny to me.

I just hered of a shift from IPT , its accualy the hole valve body for 650$.
To much for me. Then they sell a hole performance aw4 for over 3000$. Thats a lot!

I was wondering of a shift kit that was much cheaper, or a way of improving the shift quality, firmer. Or if any one new of good improvments beyond that to help the aw4.

An allison would be cool but can go that cool :cool:.

Heres the site

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/toyotaauto.shtml

Back