• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diablo Sport Predator Power Programmer for 06 GM Gas Engine

Sig Ep Mock

NAXJA Forum User
We have a Diablo SPort Predator programmer #U7192 for all 2006 GM V8 cars. Ran it on Carrie's Tahoe on the 87octane tune before we traded it in. Better milage and a ton more "drivable"...no more hunting for gears and better throttle response. Paid $350 for it .....$200 plus shipping to a good home.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=64

Chris

Leep said:
It should work on a 06 HD. I tow a 20' enclosed and loaded it weighs 7k. Will this encrease the torque ?

Do you have the 6.0L gasser? If so it should work. I ran a similar programmer on my 03 2500HD with the 6.0L and it helped. Add in a cold air intake and good exhaust and that's about as good as the 6.0L can get. The 87 tune will give you slightly increased power, the 91 octane tune you will notice but then your running the expensive stuff.

The biggest thing these programmers do is cut back "Torque Management" which is GM's stock programming that cuts power when you really need it. They do it to save warranty claims. Advertise a 300HP motor but really cut it back to 200 when the ECM detects a load on the motor and tranny....ie towing....

I can send it to you to try out....if you don't notice a difference send back...if you like it send me the $200.....how that sound :rolleyes:

Chris

Last edited:
I can come down to you and we can hook it up and let me try it. If if like it then I will take it.

How does this week look ?

Dennis

Sig Ep Mock said:
Do you have the 6.0L gasser? If so it should work. I ran a similar programmer on my 03 2500HD with the 6.0L and it helped. Add in a cold air intake and good exhaust and that's about as good as the 6.0L can get. The 87 tune will give you slightly increased power, the 91 octane tune you will notice but then your running the expensive stuff.

The biggest thing these programmers do is cut back "Torque Management" which is GM's stock programming that cuts power when you really need it. They do it to save warranty claims. Advertise a 300HP motor but really cut it back to 200 when the ECM detects a load on the motor and tranny....ie towing....

I can send it to you to try out....if you don't notice a difference send back...if you like it send me the $200.....how that sound :rolleyes:

Chris

I work in LA so I'm home kinda late but I have to pick up the motorhome from the shop one day this week so I should be home early one day. I should know tomorrow when the motorhome is going to be ready. PM me your number or e-mail addy and I'll let you know as soon as I hear what day.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:
Back