• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Internal Beadlocks

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
I was reading one of my 4X mags last month or so and found an article on some new internal beadlocks. They are like the stauns but $200 cheaper. Now I cant find the mag or the name of the company. I now someone had to have read it also. What was the website?

They really aren't much cheaper, I got a helluva deal from a vendor on pirate, machinewave I think it was, on my stauns.

Ramsey said:
They really aren't much cheaper, I got a helluva deal from a vendor on pirate, machinewave I think it was, on my stauns.

They also don't look built as well. If you actually read the installation instructions, you'll see that you're on the hook for some additional compononents that aren't included in the upper and lower casings.

RedHeep said:
They also don't look built as well. If you actually read the installation instructions, you'll see that you're on the hook for some additional compononents that aren't included in the upper and lower casings.

What where the extras? I did see something about different vavle stems. I like the stauns, I'll see if I can find that vendor on pirate.

redneck23ms said:
i didn't see anything extra that was needed. maybe i missed something?

The only thing I saw was possibly the inner tube--the article/website wasn't clear to me as to whether they were included or not. At $112 a piece, I thought it they were a really good deal.

I, too, would be interested to see the price on Stauns from the Pirate vendor. Prices I've seen from other vendors on Stauns seem to be around 2/3rds to twice what the new company is charging.

for my 17s mine were a bit over 500, even cheaper for 15s, but the prices have gone up some since i ordered them. Still, I'd spend a little extra and go with something that has a reputation. I can't comment on mine since they are still sitting in a box.

Unless I missed something, they don't look all that complicated to just make. Casting were mentioned but I didn't see any. It looked like a wrap made of bounce house material that goes around the innertube to keep the innertube expantion to the inside of the tire beads. Great idea though. I just can't justify uver $100 per tire.

Back