• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

powerlock or truetrack or??????

sloppyjoe

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering what I can put in the front 30 on my Jeep. I do alot of road driving, but want to have some traction aid for the offroading i do. Any opinions are welcome I was thinking the powerlock, because I heard some good things about them from a friend who has one in a grand. Thanks JOE>

Do you have a disconnect front axle or not?

i have a lockrite, you would never know it unless I put my jeep in 4x4. I was confussed at one point as well, but i realized that there is no amnt. of torque applied to the front axle in 2x4, so the lockrite remains un-locked.

i have the non disconnect hp d30. If the lockrite is a good Idea that would be something to look at as well Ii guess. Locker in the front, I just don't want to loose my drivabilty. More explanation on the lockrite Please JOE.

Personally I have a True Trac in the front of my 30. Its only a matter of spending an extra hundred bucks for the traction device and the time to install it. But a lot of people argue that the lockrite is better... the lock rite is simple to install, and inexpensive.. It all comes down to personal preferance..They both work well...

Yes you can fit the lockrite in the same carrier you have your 4.56's on.... You just remove the spider gears and install the lockrite in their place...pretty simple install...

WHAT ABOUT DRIVING WITH A NON DISCONECT 30HD ? will a lockright or aussie bother you in 2 wheel drive ? since i know the driveshaft turns all the time ? i need to know ...

no problem in 2wd at all. just a little noise on sharp turns and that is it. i have been running one for a year and all is well

Back