• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey - been awhile

92XJT

NAXJA Forum User
Still been lurking on the site here since my XJ has parted ways, and hopefully some day I'll be on the trails again. The wife is "surprisingly" getting an inch to put some mods on her Grand Cherokee so maybe I'll hit the trails with that. I see the person I traded my XJ too is trying to trade it for something else, though he took the boggers off, and has some other 33" tires on it. My new jeep project, though not an XJ is slowly taking shape. working on my shackle angles now - too vertical for my taste, and going to try some springs a few inches longer to see how that works (waggy front springs). Still haven't decided on a powerplant yet - probably going to be an amc360/727/d300 setup.

Here's a current pic of the ride, maybe I'll be able to attend WF10 with either the CJ or the wife Grand Cherokee.

100_3736.jpg

Hey Ed, that looks pretty darn good. Since the last time i saw it you've made some good progress. I can see what you mean when you say the shackle angles are too vertical. I think your right, some longer leaves would take care of the angle for sure. Or you could always move the frame mount a little further back towards the engine on the frame to pull the top of the shackles back. Just thinking out loud. But it would be ALOT easier to get the longer leafs if you can afford it.
Keep up the good work. I'll have to come out and see it one of these days.

lol - yeah at least it looks like something now.... I may be buying an 86 wagoneer to get the 360/727 out of it. Kinda sucks though cause the wagoneer actually looks pretty nice still, and it the persons old DD. The front shackles may stay like that for a little bit longer, cause I need to do some conversions to get the waggy springs to work (cj front width 2" vs waggy width 2.5").

Hey always welcome people to stop by, but you may get put to work - lol.

Well things have been going quicker finally - though lots of changes. Maybe see you guys on the trail this year, but more then likely next year. A wee bit bigger then I was hoping, but oh well (40" to step into the door opening).

101_4221.jpg

101_4225.jpg

Looks good, in that second pic is the tape were your chopin for tire clearance

It was a tenative plan for trimming - didn't do no where near as much since I don't have as much up travel after cycling the suspension. When I roll it out again I'll show the trim pics. Starting to work on the dash and wiring - as of now going to do the free stuff first, and save up funding for the D300 adapter and get my steering finished.

Looks INSANE man! You've been busy I see. Just the other day I was thinking I should call ya and see if I could swing by and see the progress. I'll get out there eventually. I gotta see this thing in person!

Is it me or does it look like the Rear Leafs are in backwards??? Axle looks way far back in the wheel wells. Maybe its the trick photography.

Phil

lol - nope just you, no trick photography.....

Yeah the rears are flipped to stretch push the rear axle back approx 6".
I trimmed the rear wheel wells a few days back - Don't have a much up travel as I would like, but I'm trying to limit the rear springs from going into a negative arch. I think these leafs are a tad wore out, but got em cheap and wanted them that way to do initial testing before I forked over any major coin for better ones.

101_4237.jpg

Always welcome fellow jeepers to swing by - just give a shout a day or so before cause with my 4/4 schedule I'm hit or miss. Working on mocking up the front cage, along with dash and wiring.

Hey. Its looking good. Cant wait till you can get out wheeling again.

yeah will be nice to be able to wheel with ya all again. Course there are other works in motion now.......... Selling the car to fund the next jeep - not sure what it's going to be yet. Course the wife is still wussin out and won't wheel her grand cherokee.

Well I gave up on the build, and bought a new play toy. Unfortunately not an XJ, but hope you all let me tag along on occassion.

DSCF2189.jpg

DSCF2190.jpg

DSCF2192.jpg

95 YJ 4.0/5spd
D60 HP front, 5.38 gears, SOA w/high steer
D60 FF rear, 5.38 gears, SUA, w/disc brakes
39.5 IROKs on H2 rims.

Well Its a nice rig, be better if it was an XJ... ;)

Theres an unofficial meet coming up here on the 13 at Hannibal Rocks, Hannibal MO. We'll be there all weekend, check out the thread in the Staging area...

I had a few nicely built XJs lined up, but they never panned out quick enough. Was actually, originally only buying tires the day I bought this jeep - lol.

that's a pretty sweet rig

Back