• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Banks header or borla header?

I also have a Borla. Borla manufactures the Mopar Performance header for the 4.0. I have to say, however, if you have a pre-91 with a Puegeot, you may or may not have to have the crossover pipe modified. I went round and round with Borla with this issue, and what they finally and reluctantly concluded was there must be some tolerance issues with the BA-10 tranny/bell housing setup. It hit the bell housing and wasn't lined up with the cat, because the bell housing was in the way. Took it to a custom shop until it fit. So, be advised. I have heard nothing but GOOD from everyone else however. I would have to say I felt a difference in low end and mid-RPMs.

Also, if you have a pre-91, EGR tube fit perfectly, but O2 sensor wiring had to be lengthened.

Check out Clifford before you jump.

old_man,

I was checking out the Clifford site and they seem to only have a generic 4.0 header. It doesn't seem to be year or body style specific. It's also steel, not stainless and requires a lot more exhaust plumbing since it's a true dual outlet.

http://tinyurl.com/dfxl4

Is that the header you are refering too?

Back