• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Misc ?s i really need answered

LilRhodyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
question two i seriously need answered i've heard many different things..

I would soon like to add a budget boost to my lift... i have rustys 3" which actually turned out to be 3.5" leafs with 3" coils..it looks kinda stupid with the slant down in the front but not bad...i kno rustys makes a 2" coil spacer and shackle but i was wondering what a better one would be RE, teraflex ect...
so here come my real questions...
1. If i add the BB will my jeep still ride as good as i does with the lift now?
2. i want to run 32's with the BB installed and after my recent gearing post i have decided to get a set of 4.56s for them.. seeing as i just got my 31s i want to keep them for awhile before putting on 32s it could be 6 mnths before my jeep sees these 32's...if i install the 4.56s with 31s what are going to be the ill effects? is my gas mileage gunna go through the floor? will i be tachin' out at 60? i'd like to atleast be able to go 75-80 and not be at 3000 rpms...
3. if you had lets say $500 to spend what would you buy for your cherokee with it? i got $500 for a present and i want to treat the XJ with somthing nice:wierd: i looked but im at a loss (overwhelmed actually) by what to buy...

thank u to whoever posts
-andrew

if you get a 2" on your 3.5 right now... no it wont ride as good, unless you get various other upgrades. but there are smaller poly spacers, just get a rustys .5 inch spacer, or even a 1".

a lot of people run 4.56 with 31s, at highway speed youll be near 2900-3000 but thats where the 4.0 is comfortable. your gas milage shouldnt decrease all that much on the highway, but around town it should either remain the same, or even get better because it will require less gas to accelerate, say, at stoplights.

for 500 i would either get a front No slip, or look for worn or loose parts and replace them... nothin worse than havin a new lift and breaking something cause it was old...

LilRhodyXJ said:
I would soon like to add a budget boost to my lift... i have rustys 3" which actually turned out to be 3.5" leafs with 3" coils..it looks kinda stupid with the slant down in the front but not bad...i kno rustys makes a 2" coil spacer and shackle but i was wondering what a better one would be RE, teraflex ect...
so here come my real questions...
1. If i add the BB will my jeep still ride as good as i does with the lift now?
2. i want to run 32's with the BB installed and after my recent gearing post i have decided to get a set of 4.56s for them.. seeing as i just got my 31s i want to keep them for awhile before putting on 32s it could be 6 mnths before my jeep sees these 32's...if i install the 4.56s with 31s what are going to be the ill effects? is my gas mileage gunna go through the floor? will i be tachin' out at 60? i'd like to atleast be able to go 75-80 and not be at 3000 rpms...
3. if you had lets say $500 to spend what would you buy for your cherokee with it? i got $500 for a present and i want to treat the XJ with somthing nice:wierd: i looked but im at a loss (overwhelmed actually) by what to buy...
With the spacers added to your current lift, the ride will suffer. The control arm angles will be differnt, causing a stiffer ride. You can deal with it, get db, or do long arms. You can decide what you want to do as thats a thing that everyone has their own opinion on. Also, with the 2'' of extra lift, your shocks might be to short. Im not sure what shocks you have, but that might or might not be a problem. The shackles you have many options as to what you can get like you said. I have the RE ones and like them. They are greaseable, and I know that RE makes a good product. Decide what amount of lift you want and then go from there.

I can not say about the rpms or gas milage, but it will help to know if you have an auto or manual.

As for the $500, what do you feel that you need. You can buy new seats, do a full tune up, oil change, or anything else your Jeep might need that you have always been meaning to do. If your looking for more things that will help offroad, there are so many variables. Maybe get a locker for when you regear. Alloys for front and rear. Bumper with a winch. Tow hooks. Safety equipment, aka fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tow strap. Skids. You know your jeep better then us. What do you think it needs.
Hope all that did something. Sorry if I went off incoherently on some of it.:eek:

i was considering /still will do this on mine.. 2 inch spacers and blocks.. but thats to run 35s on a 5inch lift. you could happily run 33 10.5s on that lift after some minor trimming. your looking at brake lines, control arms, shocks, SYE and longer dshaft, (or a tc drop) id stay at the height your at do some trimming or just extend the bumpstops. what axles do you have? what tires are you eventually want to run? x2 on recovery stuff.. like a hitch for the rear ( hint i have one forsale) haha

keith

i have an auto if that helps at all on the gearing ?

and sense i have adj ucas and lcas, my brake lines have been moved so i can add more inches already and if i bought lets say OME shocks for 4-5 inches of lift it would still ride like crap? (and sye)

I'd go with a set of rock sliders, bumpers w/tow points, couple of straps, upgrade the electrical system with heavier cables which will also improve lighting, a set of Hella E code headlights, good set of Hella fogs like 450's or 550's. Skid plate under the tank. I'd leave the lift alone for a while and improve the other stuff first.

are the hella e codes better then the IPF Magic js because i upgraded to those about 6 months ago.. also where can i buy thsi upgraded wiring and what company wiring should i go with....

and i was looking at the rocky road outfitters rock rails are they any good?

Back