• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attention Shopowners and Employees...

5-90

NAXJA Forum User
Gang -
If anyone out there is about to replace a parts interchange manual (Hollander's or Mitchell,) I'd like to talk to you about getting your old one. It's part of the research for my second book - and I've looked into new copies (and they're just too damned much for my small budget!)

It's nowhere near the sum total of my research, but it's the sort of "straight over" stuff that would fall in between combing through OEMR catalogues, and the heavy "digging around" I've been doing for parts swaps and conversions from other vehicles. It's an area I've had to sadly neglect - simply because I can't get my hands on a copy as yet.

I probably post this about once every four to six months, in the hopes that I'll run across someone who is about to have a new copy (and therefore won't need the old one - which will suit me just fine. I figure getting a copy dated 2000 or later should serve with most of what I want to do.)

Please, let me know! JeepI6Power AT yahoo DOT com.

Jon

what type of parts? or just a general book with all types? im replacing filter interchange books all the time, will that help you at all? i can mail it out just like the last catalog i sent you.

:cheers:

what type of parts? or just a general book with all types? im replacing filter interchange books all the time, will that help you at all? i can mail it out just like the last catalog i sent you.

:cheers:

Thanks for the offer - but Hollander's and Mitchell are parts interchange guides for shops (junkyards use them as well) for body parts and the like. These are going to be more for sheetmetal, interior parts, structural parts, crossmembers, ... - stuff you're not likely to stock anyhow.

Speaking of which - where'd we leave off on my Echlin collection? I think the last thing I'd asked for was the "small parts" book (just general stuff - I think NAPA/Echlin has one) for applications and such. Any such animal lying about?

Back