• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Cutting Help W/ Pictures

lickdj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I was hoping to get some help from some of you fender hacking pro's and i know there are alot of you out there. Im having trouble on the front fenders on the back part of them near the pinch seam here is a picture of where I am at. I need to go back more however now i believe im heading into problems with the pinch seam and the fender screws. I was thinking just put a few more screws in the lower part where the fender joins the body and then i can go back further and take out the stock fender screw. However my big problems is that hole im not sure if i should but cutting that whole seam or should i bend it over.

I currently have roughly 5" of lift minus saggage. I'm trying to clear my Brand new 33" baja Claws. I have a Full Traction 6" lift on the way however that wont be for 2 weeks and I have no other choice but to work with this setup until that arrives. And if I can clear the fenders for the current lift that means when the new lift comes I should be problem free when it comes to flexing or so i hope.

47b4cc01b3127cce9de84f94e87d00000016108AbNW7Fk1bN8

47b4cc01b3127cce9de84f9b694200000016108AbNW7Fk1bN8

47b4cc01b3127cce9de84f9ae87300000016108AbNW7Fk1bN8

Last edited:
It looks like its fine to me. Are you rubbing, or are you afraid of rubbing? I have done the same thing that you have, and with 4.5'' of lift and 32s, Im fine. Its a little close at full lock and flexed, but other then that its fine.

What I did on my Jeep is pull the coils out and flex the axle all the way up and down with the tires mounted. Found out where it'd rub and trimmed it.

I'm thinkin I cut farther back than that.......... I cut about a 1/2 " from the screw in the pinch weld on the very bottom.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also, plan to trim. What needs to be done about the pinch seem on the body inside of the front fender. I will soon have 6" lift and use 33" tires and want to go to 35" tires after some axle upgrading.

Cut that pinch seam bolt off and take a sledge hammer to the wheel well body seam, bend it into the wheel well so it cant cut up your tire.
Paint it, if you tire rubs of paint, hit it with a bigger sledge hammer.

Back