• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Firestone Destination M/T's

xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
Any opinions regarding these M/T's..? I am getting a set of 235's for my "non-mod" XJ (stock is 205). I'll be adding a 2.5" OME (maybe). I do lots of work to my XJ, but it's all been replacing stock parts. Are these tires worthy?

they are a great tire with the UNI-T construction. Wet dry traction and what not. Just read something on them in 4wd Sport Uti. Mag. They liked the tire. My brother works for Firestone, he said they were really trying to go after the BFG MT/ Goodyear market with these. Not to take over the market but to make a dent in it. They just don't make my size so I'm with BFG. Size if you wanted to know is 33x10.5r15. Everyone makes the 12.5 size. Doesn't look right to me on the XJ's. Juice

I run them on my 97xj UC, and love them. Put 3000+ miles on them in the first 2 weeks. I'm running 31x10.5s. If you search the forum, you should be able to see what I have written on them. I can give you any more details if you want....

Joel

I have 33x12.50s DAYTON M/Ts (firestone knock offs) and they
are SWEET! :thumbup:

pretty quiet on the road and seem to do well in loose dirt and mud. They do clean themselves out well.

I need to test them out on some other stuff before I say anything more.

Well, they're coming. I am going to put them on w/o any lift, first. Even with my 15 year old sagging leaf springs. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks folks..!

Back