• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Add to a existing lift

sprinkler1228

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone added to a existing 3" lift? I was thinking of adding 2" coil spacers in the front and doing something with the shackles in the rear.

sprinkler1228 said:
I have a 99 so i'm looking at proably needing a sye. What would I need to do with the track bar

Just get an ADJ. Track Bar, I recomend either RE or ORGS/JKS. Rusty's works but depending on what you plan to do later, the others can be modified easier.

You should look at longer LCA's to fix your wheelbase, the front springs may bow. RE, JKS or Rusty's will work fine. You may even consider Longarms, Midarms or drop brackets, at 5" of lift the CA angles are starting to get steep, and this makes your XJ ride like crap.

I have just done the exact same thing:
3" rustys lift
2" budget boost

I am in the process of looking for control arms and drop brackets, Is there any company that makes a better drop bracket than the others?

Back