• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Got the control arm brackets all cut off for the long arms. Glad I’m doing this. Found some busted welds on the UCA bracket on the drivers side frame. Wonder how long till I ended up with a 3 link

Started the process to do my SYE.

Washed it as I just went wheeling Saturday and it was pretty muddy with all the rain we've been getting here in north Texas.

Then later on, I got the rear driveshaft out and the skid plate off of it.

...and that's as far as I got today lol

Spent a good amount of time trying to find my other jack stand...I guess it's gone cause I cant find it. I have the rear on jack stands and was gonna do the front too...

QUESTION:
If I want the pinion pointed to the tcase(pointing up) then the fat part of the shim needs to go to the rear under the leaf pack? Right now I have the thick part on the front part of the axle...(brain isn't working too well right now...)

how long did it take for them to ship out? i see they're currently out, but project more in stock 6/21

I bought them on Black Friday. I think I had everything in a week or so

Still working on the SYE, I think I'm gonna just do the install with the tcase still in the jeep. Having to work out some issues that feels like it would be better to do it in the jeep.

I have both driveshafts taken out
fluid drained
front yoke loose
tcase linkage disconnected

still need to:
take off dust cover of rear output
disconnect wires/hoses.

The main reason for not taking out the tcase:
when the transmission shop did the tranny, looks like they put gasket maker between the tcase and tranny... Not really looking forward to fighting getting that separated.

the other reason is that I'm doing this as I have time and I don't want to leave a jack under the jeep to support the tranny as I would have to take out the tranny crossmember.

I did mine with it in the Jeep a few years ago. Don't think it really made it any harder.

Did the SYE, took me all day to do it too lol

I just need to fill the tcase(need to see what's the best way to do that)
install both driveshafts
install new to me crossmember(old one is all beat up)
then adjust pinion angle as needed.

Test fitted the long arm brackets today. Looks like I trimmed enough. Hit the rails with a flap disc to prep to weld. Should have bought a second one, still need to clean up the drivers side a bit.

So far this project has gone much better than the head swap. Should be bolting them in next weekend.

Moved mine back into the garage.

I really need to swap out the fuel pump but its got a full tank :(

Also need to figure out the power loss/vacuum leak.

Finally had a chance to finish up the SYE.

Started to put fluid back in and....it's leaking....

Now gonna be at least a week before I can take it all apart again to reseal it.

I also noticed that the new yolk had some drips on it as well. I put ATF on the outside of the yoke that touches the seal and then put some RTV on the splined portion. Not sure if it was that, which I think it was, or somehow it was leaking too...

What kind of RTV did you use?

Cut the swaybar tabs off the axle, as well as sawing the trackbar in half in order to drop the axle to clean the oil pan out and throw a new oil pump at the jeep. then since I'm already 70% there I threw my HD steering, adjustable trackbar, and all the other lift stuff at it before dying of heat exhaustion.

Oh and about a week ago I charged the AC and it is still functioning so there is that. :D

Back