• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Lol until the dead body... turns into a zombie creature! Much harder to put down!

Lol until the dead body... turns into a zombie creature! Much harder to put down!
Too funny!

Did you ever watch the B-Movie "Monster Man?" The movie ends with the protagonist reducing the villain to a liquified puddle of bio-hazard, with a pair of lips screaming "You can't kill me!"

Another argument for bigger anything, if you need one. :D

Does anyone wheel their junk up in NoCo or nah?

What places in Denver will sell plastics to the public . I need a dark grey or black tinted Lexan to make a rear hatch window , rear side windows and new door windows . Home Depot sells clear lexan but I want the dark color lexan to go with the predator green I sprayed the xj in this weekend .

I have been told about using "Mothballs" for enclosed spaces. Same guy told me "If you catch that rodent, take it far, far, away before releasing it."

Past that, my farm boy Daddy, would kill one of the offending critters and leave its carcass for the rest to realize this is not a "safe place."

Yeah caught the little summnbitch and some bleeding heart kin folk let him loose before I got back ...lol... They only took him to the end of the street ...lol ... Their reply was they let him go in the national forest I said you live in the national forest the only difference between where you let him loose and your back yard is a sign post. Luckily I haven't found anymore poop on my vehicles which tells me he hasn't returned . I read chipmunks need to 5 miles and squirrels up to 25 so your Dad was correct. We luckily have a lot of Gray Fox showing up recently and rodents are on the tree climbing fox's menu.

What places in Denver will sell plastics to the public . I need a dark grey or black tinted Lexan to make a rear hatch window , rear side windows and new door windows . Home Depot sells clear lexan but I want the dark color lexan to go with the predator green I sprayed the xj in this weekend .

Why not just tint the clear yourself? Opens the options up at least. Smoke tint, mirror smoke, green smoke, lol and ya regular varying levels of darkness. Hardest part of tinting is forming it to curved windows, particularly back windshields in cars. Doin some side "glass" and the hatch should be easy af especially since you can do it out of the vehicle and the surfaces will be flat.
Just a thought.
The green machine looks mean! Exo came out killer man, love the lines and overall stance of er. Did you bend it up?

Why not just tint the clear yourself? Opens the options up at least. Smoke tint, mirror smoke, green smoke, lol and ya regular varying levels of darkness. Hardest part of tinting is forming it to curved windows, particularly back windshields in cars. Doin some side "glass" and the hatch should be easy af especially since you can do it out of the vehicle and the surfaces will be flat.
Just a thought.
The green machine looks mean! Exo came out killer man, love the lines and overall stance of er. Did you bend it up?

The original base cage work design was done by Dustin hudfab 9 years ago I've since replaced the halo and redesigned most of the exo and internal effectively rebuilding the entire cage some direct copy of original the rest had to be re-thought since the jeep grew 15 inches in wheel base and went from 39.5 to 44s in 2016 ,but I copied his angles for all the body lines on what stayed to duplicate the close to body cage . If I hadn't had his original work to copy it wouldn't have been as tight in some spots . LoL ..he's had 40-50 xj to fit tube around to get it as close as one can . The front doors are just skins bolted to the exo cage doors the glass is held in with pins and just pops out .the rear doors are skins they slip in behind the exo and bolt to studs welded to the door jamb the glass in these are one piece not two piece like stock and bolt into the frame . The windows are mostly for looks there is no back seat just cage and a tool box so the only window that's still hard is the windshield which is just going to stay regular glass I never broke it on trail .Also the side windows can be kicked out because they'll flex enough to pop out last thing want is the front windshield being a bolted in unbreakable piece of lexan in an emergency . Tinting plastic requires special tint because unlike glass it off gases and bubbles regular tint so it's easier to buy tinted . I have ordered a piece off polycarbonate off eBay for the rear shipping add a fair amount it's 1/4 thick grey tint #135 ... I'm probably going to do 3/16 for the quarters and use the factory gaskets the rear will bolt on with something as a gasket . The doors will just be 1/8 all the same #135 color it's dark enough to look good against the green but can still be seen out of if windows are left in . The rear quarters also need to be plastic so I can finally run my filler neck out to the window instead if having to open the hatch and fill it .

It's a lot of work for a rig I drive into shit with but it will look good for a few runs ... Maybe I'll drive smarter ?...Nope .

Interesting.
I used lexan for my ZJ rear quarters... and just used the ol soapy water to apply the tint and credit card to smooth out bubbles. It was cheap autozone isht I had extra of. Lasted bubble free in NM heat for the few years I had em installed until I sold it to gtfo that state.
Maybe the smallish surface area helped it not bubble. Or maybe it was a rare occasion I was lucky with my rig.... lol na, that's unheard of

Interesting.
I used lexan for my ZJ rear quarters... and just used the ol soapy water to apply the tint and credit card to smooth out bubbles. It was cheap autozone isht I had extra of. Lasted bubble free in NM heat for the few years I had em installed until I sold it to gtfo that state.
Maybe the smallish surface area helped it not bubble. Or maybe it was a rare occasion I was lucky with my rig.... lol na, that's unheard of

Yeah I've never tinted a plastic so when I consulted google the first thing that pops up is the possible bubbling from the plastic off gassing . The 1/4 in 60x24 sheet of polycarbonate on eBay is $130 shipped already tinted a place like home Depot isn't any cheaper on clear . I already have lexan windows in my 4 doors they are just clear so it doesn't hurt to try the tint on them . I still need to paint my new hood vents s-l400.jpg

Them are niiiice...
What color you thinkn? Looks cool like that tbh. Of course they will rust unless they are aluminum? Might be cool to do em how they acid wash or whatever.. the new paint job that looks like it's 50 years old already?
The same green won't pop enough id imagine.. black around the design with an over spray look then fade into the green or something?

Them are niiiice...
What color you thinkn? Looks cool like that tbh. Of course they will rust unless they are aluminum? Might be cool to do em how they acid wash or whatever.. the new paint job that looks like it's 50 years old already?
The same green won't pop enough id imagine.. black around the design with an over spray look then fade into the green or something?

Yeah I'm going to try a couple colors to see what it looks like .if I don't like how how it stands out I'll out the new louvers on .

What about a transparent paint in the color you want (on the inside, so it doesn't scratch off on the trails)? People have been using that to "smoke" tail lights for years.

Outlining the design in dark purple would look cool too.. more subdued than pop. But predator green like that seems to work well with dark purple

Yaaa moody hill and kelly flats is all I know of up here too.. need to get a shake down in here pretty quick. Haven't done either yet... moody hill access was closed due to the fire and or snow when I last tried. Would you recommend it over Kelly flats? Idk if a full-body xj can make it through the chutes?

Isn't there a nice trail from Rust to red feather as well? I'm still learning the area... ain't a lot of trails for sure

Last edited:
Yaaa moody hill and kelly flats is all I know of up here too.. need to get a shake down in here pretty quick. Haven't done either yet... moody hill access was closed due to the fire and or snow when I last tried. Would you recommend it over Kelly flats? Idk if a full-body xj can make it through the chutes?

Isn't there a nice trail from Rust to red feather as well? I'm still learning the area... ain't a lot of trails for sure

A small schoolbus could make it through the chutes honestly.

Moody Hill can be fun, some obstacles that most won't make. There's one I've made only once, and other times haven't decided to push it since its a possibly high consequence line. It's good to go to with a group and play around for a few hours.

Yaaa moody hill and kelly flats is all I know of up here too..

Would you recommend it over Kelly flats? Idk if a full-body xj can make it through the chutes?
Putzer made it through the chutes, damaged the door. I did not try the chutes, then again, I'm on a median lift with no traction aids, and stock gears. I did have a lot of fun on that trip.

A small schoolbus could make it through the chutes honestly.
Pfft! Videos, and pick up your trash.

I haven't yet bolted up the header or put back the radiator support after painting so everything is quick to come apart . I'm going to put my trans cooler in the rear but I'm also thinking now would be the time to buy a new radiator and run it to the rear . The only real reason I think this is a good idea is in a flop or roll ...even hard front impact that the radiator might hit the mechanical fan . I could run electric but seem to be questionable for cooling . Is my fear of the fan eating the radiator warranted or unlikely ?

Well decided to try a triple electric fan set up in place of the stock mechanical fan . I wire it to run when I turn it on so but this will make more room and eliminate the issue if the big metal fan blades eating the radiator in a flop... Probably going to use the tube clamps I've had sitting and run a hoop over the header so it's not so easily crushed . I've seen two stock e fans cool an xj just fine so these should be fine . If not it's fine to go into the rear which the e fans will be reused there anyway .

Back