• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

staun internal beadlocks?

Well the website says from $179 each

I have heard nothing but Good about them. I no of only 1 set in the states right now that someone i no has used. He liked them alot. What i like about them is that they are not just sealing the outer bead but the inner.

My other friend from "down Under" told me that all of his competition buddies There run these on their rigs. I thought i heard somewhere that they go for liek $200 piece but i could be totally worng about that number. Also you have to remeber that there is not a dealer in the states yet.

The Staun ones are fairly new on the market even here and when I researched into it, many didn't even know they existed on the market like ARB head quarters 5 minutes from me. They and many others sell what Staun copied and are called Secondairs.
http://www.secondair.com/why.htm
You can even use them as a run flat tyre like some guys here do for short distances. These have been used now for year in comp work.

hey I know this is a pretty old post but I was looking for some posts on the internals because my shop just started to carry them. I mounted a set and tested them to make sure and loved the design. they are a little pricy just for an intertube, but the shipping from austraila to the us is what jacks the price up so much, besides, you're getting a double beadlock that is a complete sleeper and can be transfered from one wheel to another if you cange your bolt pattern for under $200. This means if you go out and bash your lip againes a rock not only will the stauns get you home, but all you'll have to do is replace the $50 rock crawler, not a $250 beadlock wheel. You can look at them on our website at http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/oscommerce/index.php?cPath=190_472

Panthers65 said:
hey I know this is a pretty old post but I was looking for some posts on the internals because my shop just started to carry them. I mounted a set and tested them to make sure and loved the design. they are a little pricy just for an intertube, but the shipping from austraila to the us is what jacks the price up so much, besides, you're getting a double beadlock that is a complete sleeper and can be transfered from one wheel to another if you cange your bolt pattern for under $200. This means if you go out and bash your lip againes a rock not only will the stauns get you home, but all you'll have to do is replace the $50 rock crawler, not a $250 beadlock wheel. You can look at them on our website at http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/oscommerce/index.php?cPath=190_472
whoa, those things weigh 10 pounds each? That seems real high to me, not that iit matters, that is pretty pricey for what you get, sure it is a great idea but how can they justify that cost? You could probably get some custom ones made by a zodiac/inflatable shop for that, and those are mass produced? Are they kevlar or carbon fiber or something?

there is more to it than just simply and inner tube......

from staun's website: "As the BeadLock's tube (above) inflates through its own valve stem, (shown right), it expands until it reaches the limits of the polyester reinforcing case assembly (all shown above, left). The hefty polyester case top keeps the tube “down” thereby dictating a very low profile. This in turn leaves the remainder of the tire (tire air chamber) to be inflated to your desired pressure. This space accommodates low pressure flex as needed."

read the rest here: http://www.staunproducts.com/beadlock.php

The shipping from us to you is not the shipping I was refering to. That shipping usually runs only about $25 for the set of 4. The shipping I was refering to was the shipping from Australia where Staun is located to their US wharehouse in california. That is the shipping that gets extreamly expensive.

As as stated, these are much more than just an inner tube. The come with a specialty valve stem, mounting powder, and the full cover that wrapes around and protects the internal tube. PM me for details, we will hopefully have a cut out available in the store shortly for anyone local.

These internal beadlocks are awsome. I have a friend that has a yj on 37's and runs around 5 psi of air in his tires, and never a problem. Very good investment if you have the cash.

Gojeep said:
They and many others sell what Staun copied and are called Secondairs.
http://www.secondair.com/why.htm
You can even use them as a run flat tyre like some guys here do for short distances. These have been used now for year in comp work.

you should do you research more then because the Stauns are Secondairs they aren't copies.Staun is just the carry of the product here in the states.

Back