• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stay away from Omix-Ada

automan2164

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to share my recent experience with Omix-ADA.

A month or so ago my XJ was wrecked after someone pulled out in front of me. I ended up going underneath the truck, so the frame rails survived intact. I finally have the check from their insurance company and am taking steps to put it back on the road. Recently I have been picking up parts to fix it. One of the parts I wanted after asking around, was a 2 core radiator. Since I already like Rock auto, and had an order going, I decided I would do the Omix-ADA 17101.19 Dual core radiator... It is direct shipped from Omix-ADA in GA.

Earlier in the week, it came in.

10269579_664752140228943_3295422735813364489_n.jpg

I was excited until I opened the box... And found a single core radiator in it's own box... 17101.21

10303301_664752203562270_236964194506406229_n.jpg

I contacted Rock Auto to tell them, and they instantly sent me a return slip. I asked if they could get the other one coming right away, but they said they had to wait for FedEx to pick up the one I had. He also said he was going to add a note to the file telling Omix to double check the box before sending it out. Pain in the butt, but whatever, mistakes happen.

Today I was out picking up a front clip when the GF said the box came in. I ended up wrenching until late, then came in and decided to open it up and check out my new 2 core radiator... This is where I get pissed. Upon opening the box, I found a radiator strapped up to a spacer. No part number or internal box like before, just shipping materials. I took a closer look... Only one row of cores... Then I noticed a double decal on the box, and decided to pull the top decal back...

10313622_666764100027747_7325090952892318763_n.jpg

And here's where I reeeeaaalllly get pissed...

10154120_666764336694390_7627749608541364172_n.jpg

This time they didn't even bother reboxing one... They just decaled over the decal...

I am so fed up with this... Share this with all of your forum friends... Omix has yet to respond to my complaint, and this is just ridiculous. I understand mistakes happen, but this is uncalled for.

Rob

Whoa, Thanks for sharing. wrong place for it though.

This is bad news indeed as OMIX-ADA have been supplying Jeep parts for decades. What I have to wonder is...

Is it OMIX-ADA or, is it Rugged Ridge that owns the problem?

OMIX-ADA pretty much sells enough parts to build a jeep starting with a freshly swept garage floor.

Between the number of times I have been promised that the parts being sold are NOS factory parts (only to receive omix ada new production of below factory quality) and this kind of thing I usually try to avoid them.

They sell their XJ floor pan replacements as genuine factory parts... yeah, factory my ass.

Bought a OMIX-ADA oil pan and gasket last year for an extra engine I was building. Almost none of the pan's mounting holes were right, most needing reshaping with a die grinder to get it to go on.
The pan gasket was a complete waste, having shrunk too much to be used.

Crown products seem to have their fair share of problems too.

Oh yeah. Their CJ oil pressure gauges are total junk. A friend had me do some custom wiring (4.0 from a 94 XJ into an 87 YJ with a CJ7 dash) and we determined his oil gauge was broken. Ordered a new one off RA, it was an omix part and flaky/completely wrong readings right out of the box. Verified the sender with a DMM, got a replacement, also junk. Gave up, he has no gauge right now. Probably going to install a mechanical gauge even though I hate them, simply because everyone reboxes or resells omix gauges and theirs have a 100% failure rate so far.

Oh yeah. Their CJ oil pressure gauges are total junk. A friend had me do some custom wiring (4.0 from a 94 XJ into an 87 YJ with a CJ7 dash) and we determined his oil gauge was broken. Ordered a new one off RA, it was an omix part and flaky/completely wrong readings right out of the box. Verified the sender with a DMM, got a replacement, also junk. Gave up, he has no gauge right now. Probably going to install a mechanical gauge even though I hate them, simply because everyone reboxes or resells omix gauges and theirs have a 100% failure rate so far.

just order a sunpro that will fit in the original cluster and of the correct resistance.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/sunpro/part-type/gauges-analog/gauge-type/oil-pressure

Damn, those prices aren't half bad. Thanks, I'll pass that on.

ive had tons of issues with rock auto shipping the wrong part, in the right box. more than likely rock auto's problem.

Buy local from the local mom and pop places. Prices are sometimes higher, but the quality and service cannot be beat. I don't buy on line, I shop, research, and go to my local mom and pop place, give them part numbers, talk with them, I have never had to return a wrong part unless it was MY error or the part was defective.

Back