• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent Ford 8.8

Sideshow

NAXJA Forum User
I just spent 2-3 months installing T&T Y-link + DIY frame stiffners, 410 gears, Dana30 w/detroit, and Ford 8.8 with a lock-right and the damm 8.8 drivers side axle flange is bent. I know all of you have had this feeling.

I thought I was on to the fun part: choosing tires wheels and wheelin it, but no. I look forward to seeing some of you guys on the trail.

We have a six-month baby girl so its hard to negotiate for time in the garage. This bent axle will set me back for 1-2 weeks, that is if I don't have to travel anywhere for work.

Just ranting, I need a hug :rattle:

Yeah, That really bites.

If it makes you feel any better I have more than 8 months into just mounting and installing my new wheels Hasta

I hope you have better luck than I did with your selection of wheels and tires :lecture:

Michael

2xtreme said:
Yeah, That really bites.

If it makes you feel any better I have more than 8 months into just mounting and installing my new wheels

But at least you've had great luck dismounting your tires :D

Do you need another 8.8 shaft or you get one already? That's one weakness of the stock 8.8 shafts is the flange, I bent one and ran it for like 6 months before upgrading to alloys.

J

Avanteone said:
Do you need another 8.8 shaft or you get one already? That's one weakness of the stock 8.8 shafts is the flange, I bent one and ran it for like 6 months before upgrading to alloys.

J

Yeah, I need another shaft. I dont want to drive it right now because the brake caliper tries to follow the rotor. I say "tries" because it makes a horrible noise.

Do you have an extra drivers side shaft (not bent :roll: )?

Blkxjkrawler said:
But at least you've had great luck dismounting your tires :D

Good point. I will put that on my list of advantages :twak:

Michael

IXNAYXJ said:
I have a spare set of stock 8.8 shafts I've been keeping for spares that I probably won't need soon.

-----Matt-----

PM ing

Ill trade you. Long story short: totalled my rig, built it up w/new-to-me unbent D30 w/ARB. Drove it 3 miles then totalled again. Built a totally different rig in 10 days and had to set up ANOTHER dana 30. I'm out of 30 housings :)

Watchout with little ones. Mine like to "help" by rearranging my toolbox while I'm not looking.
bash.gif

Bottom line: It'll all work out in time.

Wow, that made me cry. Although, I can't wait until my daughter can get out in the garage. Mom's a mechanic too so that means she can help.

Sideshow said:
I can't stand the suspense, what happened?

I have been loosing beads on the trail at least once per trip, often more.
Hence the new wheels (which took way too long to get mounted, not bent, repaired, mounted, not leaking air, and mounted again ;) )

I must say, poor Paul has all of us beat!!

But, like he said, it will all work out in the end.

You can't buy experiences like these :hang:

Michael

What about the rims made you blow beads? Reason I ask is I'm about to select rims for my DD/Wheeler. Anything other than selecting the correct width?

Back