• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pittman arm

sarbuck

NAXJA Member #1218
I know this is probably a faq,but...Do I need a dropped pittman arm,with a 5 lift.I plan to run 33's off road. ty.

It depends on what else you have done to your steering and track bar. More information please.

I have the wrangler type steering,adjustable track arm etc,the front's beefed up good.

I 've got the heavy duty control arms etc.

I have a steering box brace from rusty's I have'nt installed yet.

I'm running 31's now,no problem.

Ok,it shall remain stock until breakage occurs... :repair:

I've got 5" with the stock pitman arm. I was going to put a drop pitman arm on it until I spoke with RE and they reminded me that if I dropped the pitman arm that I'd also have to relocate the upper mount for the trackbar in order to prevent bumpsteer.

Robert

XJWheelie said:
I've got 5" with the stock pitman arm. I was going to put a drop pitman arm on it until I spoke with RE and they reminded me that if I dropped the pitman arm that I'd also have to relocate the upper mount for the trackbar in order to prevent bumpsteer.

Robert

yup

if your trackbar mounts to the stock locations - a DPA will hurt way more than help...

Thank you all for "steering" me in the right direction...arrgh.. :us: :repair:

Back