• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on this MJ?

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Look like it's in pretty good shape. Never seen a tire carrier on one either. 2k would probably be my limit, but if you can get it lower, awesome. Check for rust.

seems pretty steep for a 2wd. i prefer buckets and a shortbed but the tire carrier is different. wonder if that was a rare factory option??

that tire carrier looks horrible lol.

if you don't beat on it that trans will last, the one in mine had 225k miles on it before it started to grind. just make sure you put the right oil in it if you drain and refill it. that's not bad for an MJ with only 100k on it if the interior is in good shape.

Grimm, how did you feel about the interior space in the MJ? This thing's about 2 hours away from me and I don't want to drive that far to feel like I don't fit in it.

I'll bet they have MJs in your town, too.

:D

a 4 banger one popped up at a dealer a few miles from me today.

I'm gonna go look at it, sit in it, then decide if I want to drive for the good one :D

that tire carrier isnt stock....MJ's never came with one. Thats a factory XJ carrier from the 86-87 era. Unless that corner was braced right that corner of the bed is going to crack. I got my MJ chief 4x4 with a factory d44 in better shape for 1500 years ago FYI

I'm 6'1 and had no problem feeling comfy in mine, i only sold it because i needed room for all my damn kids to sit. CHP doesn't like a car seat and 2 kids under 10 sitting next to me in a singlecab pickup for some reason :D

sat in a 4 banger one, no issues with space.

that other one sold, but a 4.0 auto just showed up closer for 1200 bucks.

That carrier is interesting. I doubt it was done correctly but if it was that's nifty. I'd be concerned about clearance though, the lower leg of that rack seems like it may interfere with the tailgate. I wonder if they elongated or neglected to install the retaining cable.

MJ or Grand Waggy... so hard to decide.

that is a tough one. j10/j20 would be a great compromise, if you could find one that wasn't a total pos.
sometimes i start thinking i want to trade my mj for another gw, then i start thinking about all the smog crap on them, finicky carbs, etc, after a while i calm down again.

J20/30 FTW!

I love the j trucks. I'm too impatient to find one though

And since I've become a pretentious Dallas snob, there's huge appeal to the premiere luxury suv of the 80s

Back