NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum For Discussion of Modications related to Prerunning, JeepSpeed, KOH, Rock Racing, and any other speed based competitions

Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:23
NAXJA Forum User

Jeepspeed 4 inch leafs for daily, overlanding, trail

I have a 2001 xj that I am building for a daily driver/Overlander/medium to hard trails but not extreme. Now when I daily driving my jeep I am usually pretty easy on it but occasionally I do like to hit stuff kinda hard and I will have a roof rack, body armor,a drawer system,tools, gear etc. so I'm thinking a regular set of leaves won't hold up for long under all that weight I will have in the back and I was curious if the jeep speed 4 inch Leaf springs would be about what I'm looking for and be able to handle the abuse of having all that weight? The jeep speed leafs look like they have a lot more leaks in the pack so that's what I'm going by. If any of you have another option that might be cheaper and works just as good and will last just as long feel free to throw the suggestion at me.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 18:25
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Jeepspeed 4 inch leafs for daily, overlanding, trail

Deaver springs are what you want, they are the standard for Jeepspeed and will last longer than most any other brand out there. They ride great around town and work better on the trails.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 19:27
PSR Fire Marshall

Location: Upstate NY-live; Death Valley-play; Hawaii-working on it

I am ordering a custom set of leaves from Deaver on Monday. Gomer is a 5500 lb. pig that is mostly expedition and slow rock crawling, though I, too, want to be able to hit something at speed (likely accidentally) and have things not go crazy.

Will have to see how they work. I expect miracles.

David Bricker / SYR
Gomer - '95 XJ, 2 dr. 4.6L Russ Pottenger Stroker; Novak TJ AX-15; Black Box 2.72:1 + 241OR 4:1; RockJock 60 Front, hydro assist, Hi-steer; D60 trussed and shaved rear; 4.56 ARB Front and Rear; Black Magic discs, Bilstein 7100s front and rear; 35s; PRP seats; Warn PowerPlant winch, hybrid cage. Annd, the Faux Dorkle is gone.
National Treasurer 2013-2023
Not a member? Become one today, and help support YOUR club.
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:35
NAXJA Forum User

Awesome, Thanks guys! I'll look into them. I'm adding you both to my friends if that's ok? So I can ask you question?
Old September 24th, 2017, 16:19
NAXJA Warranty Voider

The friends thing on Naxja doesn't really do much. You can add them, but it has zero effect on anything.
Old September 26th, 2017, 11:12
NAXJA Forum User

What's the major difference between a set of Seaver leafs that are going to be about $700 after shipping and a set from rustys that will be about $550?
Old September 26th, 2017, 12:35
NAXJA Warranty Voider

The deavers will work twice as good and last twice as long.

Rusty's makes total shit. Deaver makes the best leaf springs available.
Old September 26th, 2017, 14:28
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmgoutlaw25 View Post
What's the major difference between a set of Seaver leafs that are going to be about $700 after shipping and a set from rustys that will be about $550?
At that small a price difference, no reason not to go deaver
Old September 26th, 2017, 17:15
NAXJA Forum User

Thank you guys!
Old September 26th, 2017, 20:05
NAXJA Member 3643

Get axle weights, figure out how much lift you want, and if your going to run shackle relocation brackets. You can fine tune ride height using shorter JKS shackles or longer Rubicon Express shackles and playing with shackle angle. I had the top 3 leaves replaced on my G-9 pack and went the next size thicker to give me some more ride height and higher spring rate. You can save some cash and get them customized from the get go.
'00XJ Mall Krawler Edition Russ Pottenger 4.7Stroker,241OR, Rock Krawler aluminum 3 link, D44hp Yukon air zip, D44 35 spline axles locked by RWKHaus. Stiffners, and brackets by Ruffstuff. High steer-Parts Mike. T&J, fenders+ cage. Bilstein 7100, 35 KM2, OMF Beadlocks, PAC coils, Deaver G9leafs, BrownDog mounts, Currie antirock, PSC hydro
my build