NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > Tow Rigs and Trailers
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Tow Rigs and Trailers Hey, not all of our Jeeps are great on the highway. Post here for tech related to getting your XJ to the trailhead.

Old September 23rd, 2021, 21:24
NAXJA Forum User

Flat tow brakes

Flat towing with 24 ft E450 RV. Anybody using a braking system like a Brake Buddy and if you are what are you using? I know many don't use one and I didn't with my CJ7, but with the XJ I've decided I want to use one and looking for something simple but effective.
Old September 24th, 2021, 14:09
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Flat tow brakes

That F450 should be more than capable and the XJ will tow better than the CJ7. For the price of that kit you could upgrade the F450 brakes to the best for about the same.
Old September 24th, 2021, 15:15
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Flat tow brakes

I'm not going to upgrade the brakes on the E450, they work fine as is. Was thinking of getting a used Brake Buddy for around 300-400 just because in panic stops they're proven to reduce stopping distance by 20-30 feet. In normal driving I don't think I need it.