• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Changed Oil Pump, now no spark (1997 4.0)

cfordp

NAXJA Forum User
I pulled the pan to change the oil pump, rms, and have a look around.

After priming the pump (coil disconnected), I no longer get spark. It's not flooded and has been down for a week.

I did accidentally move the oil pump drive a bit when installing the pump.

Troubleshooting:
- Checked Grounds
- Checked fuses
- Checked cps connector (have not multi metered it)
- set TDS and restabbed distro
- no spark at coil or plugs

If the CPS and cam sensor are off, I believe fuel would be taken away not spark. Am I wrong?

Suggestions?

I'll try setting the distributor again. Last time I did one it took 2 tries.

I did TDS on compression stroke, 11 o'clock on oil pump, distro in at 1 o'clock to where it came down right on the bolt hole with the rotor pointing 5 o'clock at cylinder 1.

But like I said I've had to do it multiple times before so I'll try again. Do you know if that would take away spark? I thought it shut out fuel but again I'm not sure.

This. The slot should point to about 10 o'clock if you're standing at passenger fender looking down dizzy hole.

Ignition timing is computer controlled and cannot be adjusted like other distributors you may have encountered. Find a FSM

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This. The slot should point to about 10 o'clock if you're standing at passenger fender looking down dizzy hole.

Ignition timing is computer controlled and cannot be adjusted like other distributors you may have encountered. Find a FSM

Meant to quote Cruiser BTW

Back