• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension Basics: Torque Distribution & Leaf Spring Strength

RAVC1

NAXJA Forum User
I forgot and need someone to remind me! If I have one leaf pack that is slightly taller/stronger it should be placed on a specific side of the vehicle. This is the same idea with leaf packs from a lift kit being marked "+" and "-". I was told this some time ago and have since forgotten.
I am in the process of building some leaf packs and want to make sure I install them in the correct side of the vehicle if there is a difference between them

The taller spring usually goes on the driver's side.
Old Man Emu is the only brand I'm familiar with that does this.

lazyxj - Thanks for responding. I got too busy working on my other car and forgot my need to understand this issue for future reference. I have a sufficient quantity of spare leaf packs to assemble some of my own so I decided to do this instead of completing my OME suspension by ordering their leaf and coil springs. I have had a set of their shocks for some time. These are still unused.

Back