• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The river is up!!

Jump This

Just another minion!
100_5185.jpg

100_5183.jpg

I wonder what it will look like in October?

what river is that Rick?

One of the guides there was saying that it hasn't been that high in ten years. He mentioned something about it being at 40gpm and last year the highest it had gotten was only 14gpm (how the hell they come up with those #'s is beyond me, it sure was flowing a lot faster than 40 gallons per minute!)

Looks amazing i'd love to have been out there to take pictures

Jump This said:
... He mentioned something about it being at 40gpm and last year the highest it had gotten was only 14gpm (how the hell they come up with those #'s is beyond me,...
Metric gallons, obviously! ;)......or metric minutes?

Last edited:
Jump This said:
One of the guides there was saying that it hasn't been that high in ten years. He mentioned something about it being at 40gpm and last year the highest it had gotten was only 14gpm (how the hell they come up with those #'s is beyond me, it sure was flowing a lot faster than 40 gallons per minute!)
40 thousand gpm maybe. I wonder if the rafting business is as high as the river.

IntrepidXJ said:
Right now in GJ they are urging people to stay off the river...

I noticed that in Grand Junction the water was way over its natural course.
It looks as though they are going to lose a lot of vegitation.

As far as the rafting business, they couldn't be happier. Something about the extra flow making it safer through the upper reaches of the river. I'd bet it gets kinda' wild further down stream though...

I wonder if the crossing to cliffhanger is passable...

Or for that matter, the lower end of Kane Creek (I would imagine the same water levels there as the Colorado)

Jump This said:

You JACKASS !! :twak: he probably meant 40,000 CFS (cubic feet per second)
http://www.eddyflower.com/RunDetail.aspx?RunId=327

Stop posting what a fun/cool time your having...

Curt

Back