• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

searched for a while no answers help! hard starts CPS?

tony597fitter

NAXJA Forum User
My sister in law has a 92 xj 5-speed 4.0. Lately it has only been starting when it feels like it and I of course having my xj for a few years now I am the mechanic for hire. She doesnt have the money to throw at it so I was wondering if anyone thinks its the cps? I ran the codes and nothing came up except for code 55 (end of codes).I have a 92 also and mine has never acted like this. I keep telling her to go on this site and try to figure it out herself. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. It also doest seem to start when it is cold out. Its seems to be fine when warmed up.

Crankshaft Position Sensor

THE CONNECTOR FOR THE CPS IS BACK BY THE FIREWALL IT LEADS DOWN TO THE SENSOR MOUNTED ON THE BELLHOUSING. HAD THE SAME THING ON A 86 THAT I HAD.DEALER DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING I READ ABOUT INA ARTICLE IN 85 .CHANGED IT NO PROBLEMS .ALSO CHANGED IT ON MY 97 I HAVE NOW .TRY UNPLUGGING IT AND REPLUGGING SOME TIMES IT'S DIRTY CONNECTOR. I USED A 1/4 IN RACHET& 8 MM DEEP WELL 1/4 DR. CHANGE IT FROM UNDER DRIVERS SIDE. HOPE THIS HELPS THEY USUALLY DON'T TRIP A CODE. HAVE QUESTIONS GIVE A HOLLER DALE [email protected]
YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO

Back