• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing my evaporator what about heater core?

Wilbur

NAXJA Forum User
Just got the heater box out of the car to replace the evaporator, but now im wondering about the heater core. It did'nt leak before and seems to be in good shape, but id hate to do this again in a year or so. How reliable are the heater cores, it seems to be well built all metal soldered joints. Should I just put it back in and go with it or is it better to go ahead and replace it? Oh yeah its a 97 cherokee with 170,000 miles

thanks,
Will

i replaced mined at 200 000 (it went). The new one lasted less then a month (a shiat part)... the second one is still going. Um... there is always that risk, so I'd leave it, my self.

replace it. I know you don't wanna go through all that again

why replace.(unless for peace of mind) but like xjbcca said, he put in a new one and it was leaking in less than a month. so there are no guaranties. flush it while you have it out and stick it back.

My question is what brand heater core and evap core is the best top of the line brand. I know I'm not going to use the POS chrysler stuff, while I like OEM stuff cores are not one of those...

Back