• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sean P's junk is junk!!

Stoney

NAXJA Forum User
went to fordyce this weekend. with lee frecken my steering broke right at the weld on the heim bung?? clear straight brake!! rewelded it probley better than the orginal!! I want my lifetime warrenty!! but anyways just wanted to tell u that the wels on that steering arn't so good!! Its cool though i'll live with it till it breaks again!!

stoney
i will get pics soon

my steering tie rod broke at the bung weld (for the heim joint). so we welded it up with a read welder and it was good to go!! i was jsut saying the the welds didn't penatrait well so the thing cracked off. i don't really know how it happened i wasn't on any rocks when it broke.
i am not upset at sean he builds good stuff this steering was done a while ago.
trying to get the pics soon.

stoney

there wasn't that much snow really. a lot of water though. we couldn't make it past the first water crossing. but ppl were trying. the river was swalling 44's pretty awesome too watch.

stoney

BrettM said:
how's the snow up there? did you go all the way to meadow lake and out to 89?

moonrocks was awesome.
Do you have pictures? Did you do the V crack? Sorry I missed you, we will have to hook up this summer and do some wheeling when my junk is ready :D

davidt said:
Do you have pictures? Did you do the V crack? Sorry I missed you, we will have to hook up this summer and do some wheeling when my junk is ready :D
I didn't get any pictures from MoonRocks, but I got some from out in the BlackRock desert. I did a couple of cool V cracks, I'm not sure if there is a specific one you are talking about. One of them I walked up first try, then Phil and I watched a tubed Toy on 1-tons and 42s fail about 4 or 5 tries on the same crack :D

Phil and I think there needs to be a Sierra Chapter run/event up there, maybe later in the year, I imagine it's pretty hot up there in june/july/august.

nice work.

BTW, the drag link is in upside down. The sharp bend is supposed to be at the pittman arm so you don't max out the heim at the pittman. It's probably time to inspect/replace those heims if it's still seeing DD duty

SeanP

i should replace the joints but it isn't a DD anymore. and i guess i didn't relize it was upside down??!! ha ha

stoney

the fordyce was crouded...
and the rivers were tall
couldnt even get to the campgrounds across the "stream" at indian springs...

managed to have fun reagardless while letting the sister drive the borrowed TJ...

were u up there last weekend?? what rig were u in??

stoney

Back