• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear main seal gasket set

seth15210

NAXJA Forum User
so ive been reading past posts about changing the rms. ive GOTTA do mine soon. i went to the parts store to get the gaskets and noticed they have a fel-pro conversion gasket set part fel pro CS8169-3. theres a bunch of gaskets included, looks like oil pan,front and rear seals, and some others i dont know. the kits sells for 30 bucks locally, cheaper than buying them separately. so who knows what included and if its the premium gaskets. the parts store doesent have a clue whats included. i figured if theres some useful gaskets that i could use later on it'll be a good deal.

fel-pro is good stuff. Make sure it's the blue silicone rubber gaskets not the cork ones and buy it.

Also remember that the RMS and bearing cap design changed slightly for the 2000 and 2001 models, so make sure you're ordering the kit for the proper year engine.

I just checked it out and it looks like a very good deal. It's got the oil pan and rms, plus the timing cover and a few others I didn't recognize off hand. But it's definately worth the money if only it included the valve cover gasket and OFA o-rings it would be the best setup for jeeps.

ya i see the rubber oil pan gasket, rear seal, and timing cover gasket. i already replaced my valve cover gasket with the fel pro perma dry gasket. but as long as the front and back seals and oil pan gasket are included, the kits cheaper locally than etting them seperatelly

Back