• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gathering parts for budget boost

dspilot

NAXJA Forum User
As I am preparing to do my BB, I am trying to make sure I have everything ready to go. I am wondering though, what do I need to do between the individual leaves of the pack I am building up? I have heard of folks doing teflon paint and I know there are flat rubber bushing-like things also. Who uses what, and how is it working for you?

Thanks.:patriot:

as I have not done a mixed pack yet I am in the same boat. I do know that you want to do everything you can to keep the friction down between leaves. I personally would sand and paint each leaf and also use nylon washers as friction pads. The rubber would increase the friction but the nylon should help it slide. My .02 but like I said I do not really know, just assume after doing a lot of searching for the same answer, I just found a great deal on a lift pack so I never built my own.

I think that is what I will end up doing. Its really not even a daily driver. More like 2-3 days a week. I am not too worried about it. More concerned with saving money and doing it quickly.

Put a little grease between the leaves and forget about it.

Back