• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for measurements on a 1997-2001 Manual pedal box

johnd15

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to do a manual swap on my 2001 XJ, and pedal boxes for the '97-'01 Cherokee's seem to be very hard to come by. So I am in the process of figuring out how to make one. However I need a set of measurements in order to get the pedals to sit in the/or as close to the factory position as possible.

I don't really know how to post pictures, so if anyone want to see the pictures I have showing what I need, go to this other thread I started on JeepForum.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/looking-measurements-1997-2001-manual-pedal-box-4419015/

The measurements I need are as follows:

From the ruler to the outside(left side) of the clutch pedal(on TJ it is 4 1/4 inches)

From the ruler to the inside(right side) of the clutch pedal(on TJ it is 6 1/4 inches)

From the ruler to the outside(left side) of the brake pedal(on TJ it is 9 inches)

From the ruler to the inside(right side) of the brake pedal(on TJ it is 11 inches

If anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated!!

Easiest way to post pictures is to host them on another site (I use IMGUR) then use the BBCode links the site will generate for you to use on message boards and forums. Copy the link, then paste into your post.

Thanks!!

50712367116_9dbc822dd2_k.jpg
[/url]20201210_084959 by John Drummond, on Flickr[/IMG]

20201210_084854 by John Drummond, on Flickr

20201210_084903 by John Drummond, on Flickr

20201210_084916 by John Drummond, on Flickr

20201210_084924 by John Drummond, on Flickr

The pics are a bit large, but I have seen worse.

I did not realize the pedal box was different for the '97-'01s, but I guess it does make sense as part of that complete dash rearrangement.

Yeah, unfortunately so, you can find '96 and down for days(even make reproductions I think...) The '97 and up are very similar to the TJ I have pictured, but the pedals are straight and not bent.

Well I don't know about anyone else but the photos are huge for me... :)

A bit. Depending on the hosting service you may be able to select an image size as well. In IMGUR (for example) I can select Original, Huge, Large, Medium, etc. even a linked thumbnail. I may have to try a few to get the size right. Most often I just edit, crop and resize the pic on my PC before uploading.

A bit. Depending on the hosting service you may be able to select an image size as well. In IMGUR (for example) I can select Original, Huge, Large, Medium, etc. even a linked thumbnail. I may have to try a few to get the size right. Most often I just edit, crop and resize the pic on my PC before uploading.

Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can figure something out next time I upload.

Are the pedals themselves on the earlier boxes straight? If so, can they be installed into the later pedal box?

Are the pedals themselves on the earlier boxes straight? If so, can they be installed into the later pedal box?

I slightly thought about this, but would've had to have bought another pedal box.

But I just went ahead and went for it, and have begun making my own. I'll try to post up pics and measurements when I'm all done.

Back